• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD 1973 Bronco - Like new condition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
Life is what happens while you're making plans. Anyway, putting my Bronco up for sale. Everyone on this site knows what work was done to it. Everything was replaced or rebuilt. I completed the restoration around November 2015. Have driven it 16K miles since. Very fun to drive. Trust it to drive anywhere. I put a lot of blood and sweat into this build, as well as many hours and dollars.

Mostly stock. 3 spd. Rebuilt 302 with high volume oil pump. Mallory dizzy. Holley 4 bbl. 2.5" wild horses SL and 1" body lift. Complete power steering kit from Toms Bronco parts. Rebuilt engine. Chassis stripped and everything replaced. Front and rear completely overhauled. Posi rear. Loc-rite in the front (good for rock crawling I guess, but might want to remove it for snow). Heavy duty axles up front. Over sized diff cover on Dana 44 up front. Centech wiring harness. Stainless steel bolt kit. The 'Sherman tank' gas tank. Heater rebuilt. Actually too much stuff to list. I have a stack of receipts. Just know that every single piece of this truck was touched. Totally taken apart and lovingly put back together. It only gets out of the garage when the weather is good.

I have hundreds of pics that document the build. You can look in my albums here at the pics that have been uploaded.

WashDay2.jpg

WashDay.jpg

KayaksOnBronco.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
JAFO

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
Hub caps from Ebay. For a 70's to 80's Ford 4x4 pickup I think. I like this style better than the factory Bronco caps that hide the whole wheel and scratch up the wheel so badly. I almost bought a set of Bronco caps, then found these and liked them more. Just personal preference. Everyone building a Bronco has some picture in their mind. I have been thinking about adding the body trim, but don't really want to drill tons of holes into the body for the clips, so haven't done that.

Front windshield frame is new, new hinge, cowl replaced. No rust in this truck.
Some before pics. Body was sprayed with an epoxy primer before paint.
Prep3.jpg

Painted2.jpg

Painted3.jpg

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Wow sucks you have to sell it! Love that hard top!;) He is a good guy with a great truck! Good luck with the sale!

OP
OP
JAFO

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
Wow sucks you have to sell it! Love that hard top!;) He is a good guy with a great truck! Good luck with the sale!

Appreciate the nice words. Thanks. Yes, very nice top. Have enjoyed it and was glad to get it. You did a great job on it. Allowed me to get the Bronco on the road quick. I had finished the Bronco, but not the top.

Don't have to sell the Bronco, but if I do sell it there is another project I want to start. I notice there is a glut of Broncos on the market now, so it will probably sit. I don't want to give it away. Have way too much time and money in it. Some people realize what it takes to build one and if they want to drive one right now, I have a nice one that fits the bill. If they want to build one themselves, one in the condition of mine would be years in the making and quite a few dollars, depending what they start with. Most Broncos out there are in pretty rough shape and it takes a lot of work to bring them back to reliable like new condition.

OP
OP
JAFO

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
Thought I would take a stab at a list of work done-

Bronco was totally disassembled down to bare body and bare frame and then put back together with either new or rebuilt parts, depending on the condition of the part. If rebuilding put it back to like new, it was rebuilt. If it could not be made like new, it was replaced.

Rear completely rebuilt-
New 9" posi third member in the rear, new axles, bearings, seals, new brake cylinders, stainless steel brake lines throughout.

Front completely rebuilt-
Rebuilt the Dana 44 up front (complete ring and pinion kit, new bearings and seals). Loc-rite locker installed. stainless steel brake lines. Disc brake conversion. new ball joints. adjustable track bar. all new front steering components. New heavy duty front axles. New hubs, new locking hubs, bearings, etc.

Rebuilt 3 speed transmission. All seals replaced in transfer case. 4x4 works great.
split shifter levers in floor. New front driveshaft. All joints replaced in rear driveshaft.

Wild Horses 2.5" suspension lift including new springs, shocks, bushings, etc. Frame sand blasted. Internal frame coating applied. External frame painted with Eastwood's "chassis black".

Body completely redone with all rust completely removed, new body panels such as new window frame, stainless steel hinge, new door posts, etc. Body epoxy primed before paint. doors re-skinned. new hinges. Many new internal door parts. New window glass. New front windshield glass and seal. New stainless vent windows.

New wiring harness.

Heater assembly completely rebuilt. New heater core. New heater cut off valve in engine bay.

Rebuilt 302. Holley 4 bbl. Mallory ignition. Ceramic coated headers. Billet aluminum pulleys. New power steering kit. new radiator. New alternator. new motor mounts. new starter solenoid. new battery. new voltage regulator.

Power brakes, new brake booster, new master cylinder, proportioning valve. As noted earlier disc brake conversion.

New switches in dash. Dash sandblasted and painted. Everything works as new.

3 speed steering column totally rebuilt with new turn signal switch, new steering wheel, new horn button, etc.

Body assembled with the stainless steel bolt kit.

4 point roll cage installed.

New tailgate. New tail light lens both sides. New side markers.

The "Sherman Tank' gas tank. New OEM style gas line.

New chrome bumpers.
New visors. Visor hardware stainless steel.

Locking console between the seats that contains the AM/FM radio. Custom speaker panels on each side of the bed.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Beautiful rig. Hope you get every penny ur asking for it.

romegadave

Hate to hear it Leslie.........always thought you were a stand up member always ready to give advice. I do hope you'll still be around on the site and I hope another Bronco comes your way one day. Glad to hear the 40 is staying with you for now. Good luck, Dave

tirewater

Contributor
Loc.
San Francisco Bay Area
Hate to see you sell the Bronco. Glad you're keeping the LC.

I'll second what others are saying. You're one of the top few people in that you're willing to help others and go the extra mile to dig up obscure photos that must number in the thousands of your build. The Bronco community will miss you

Hopefully we can help sell your bronco via word of mouth.

OP
OP
JAFO

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
Is that the original paint color or was it blue?

Blue. It was that medium blue. Wife picked the new color. Suppose to be Colorado Orange. Not sure the mix turned out correct, but we ended up loving the color.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Sometimes I worry I am a bit too opinionated, but hey, opinions are like A-holes, everyone has one. I watch everyone's builds and there are some really fine rigs out there. I couldn't bring myself to change mine into a trail rig, but I know it would be fun to build one. I plan to be around and think I will restore another Bronco in my future. The next one should go faster.

Fixer

Great color choice. I have a vintage BMW finished in Colorado Orange.

Status
Not open for further replies.