• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Alternator belt

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Personally I would try tightening it to just a normal level and see if you have the same good results with the lack of squeal.
Better to at least find out if it squeals than to fry a bearing if the overtightening isn’t needed.

m_m70

Contributor
Loc.
Pacifica, CA
it's tighten to the point of no squeal. It is pretty tight but the bearings seem fine. . Last trip was 400 freeway miles with only gas station stops and no issues. Will end up going with a serp setup probably by end of this year so it's kind of a non concern for me now.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
it's tighten to the point of no squeal. It is pretty tight but the bearings seem fine. . Last trip was 400 freeway miles with only gas station stops and no issues. Will end up going with a serp setup probably by end of this year so it's kind of a non concern for me now.

upgrades are not a bad thing :)