• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best carb for my eb 302

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
thank you all for your help i really appreiciate it if you want to tell me your idea feel free to im always open to new ideas and options
Thanks
SSDDBRONCO

no sweat but don't worry pretty soon you'll be asking about EFI;D

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
Automobiles change altitude, but airplanes reallllly do so, so on traditional piston engine airplanes they put a mechanical adjustment on them so the pilot can tune the lean/rich setting of the carb while in flight.

It's important that your cubic feet per minute (CFM) is matched to your engine size. But it's MORE important that the fuel lean/rich mixture is correct through the RPM range.

ADNICK

Do you want to get it down to tenths of secs or general use

The reason the poster said to use a 670 was because it's a way of sort of compensating for use at higher alt...Now if your talking about dialing it in to tenths of secs then that's a very different story

Running a larger cfm carb can allow you to run a little rich at sea level and still work at alt with just resetting the idle mix...

Back before all the computer programs to help one figure out the temp/humidity/alt, a general rule of thumb was one jet size for every 2 thousand feet of alt along with a bit of timing change for the paticular engine car set up ect....

I have not been racing at alt for years, but Holley use to have a webpage that listed recommended jet size by carb application by alt

BTW when you get down to tenths of secs you can still have problems at alt with EFI too....

Later,
Nick

Sac '68 sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orangevale
I have a little 500 CFM Edelbrock that I've really enjoyed. Just a bit of tuning with the metering rods and springs is all it takes to make these work well.

X2. Not quite as much top end power as the old 600 holley but over all it runs way better and I think with a little more tinkering I'll have it so close on the top end to not be noticable.