• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD 4 speed Overdrive transmission with adaptor for Dana 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I’m selling my manual 4 speed OD trans and clutch. A few years back I bought ‘87 F150 4 speed and used an Advanced Adaptor kit for a Dana 20. The guys at Advanced said it cheapest and easiest overdrive conversion for an early Bronco. It uses all stock three speed clutch, bell housing, flywheel, and cross member but you have to lengthen front drive shaft by 1.5 also bump back t-case shifter floor opening slot the cross member right angle brackets to compensate for the slightly longer trans. Very quick and easy compared to all other trans swaps.

So this trans is the last model before Ford switch the 5 speed manual trans. This trans (T170FT-RTS TOD) in other words it’s a cast aluminum tower shift top-loader. The gear set up is very much like a stock Bronco V8 3 speed but with an overdrive as 4th gear. Being out of the 84-87 F150 they were more durable then the OD side shift trans out late 70’s cars.

It only has about 200 or so miles on the transmission since after I had the adapter installed on it. At the time my trusted trans guy went through it when he installed the adapter kit.

Anyways I’m seling it because after putting it into my 72 and loving it I had to sell my bronco for medical bills but the new owner wanted an auto set instead of a manual transmission. So I bought the trans back off of him to save it for my own build. Well now after several years I still haven’t built my family Bronco again. But since I’v have waited so long my daughter is now old enough to drive and the wife wants automatic for her and our daughter’s sake.

I will post some pictures of the trans in the next day or two after I get it from storage. Here is the specs on the trans itself.
Thanks Jeff

The last picture is turned at 90 degrees for some reason I’ll try to get it fixed. Anyways you can see that it’s exactly like the stock 3 speed trans.

Attachments

• 1A3861CE-379F-4564-9162-CE2B98BE3F26.jpeg
    1A3861CE-379F-4564-9162-CE2B98BE3F26.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 277
  • FB9EEE0F-93F0-41A8-B3B9-77881259BE96.jpg
    FB9EEE0F-93F0-41A8-B3B9-77881259BE96.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 308
  • 6751A9AD-2074-47B3-AFD7-F4E07722C682.jpg
    6751A9AD-2074-47B3-AFD7-F4E07722C682.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
OP
OP
Gas Pig

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Do to lack of funds because of a remodeling expenses my buyer had to pass on it... so it’s back up for sale.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Hey Jeff I found more funds ;D so let me know if you still got it, can pick up this weekend.

Also looking for floor mats (to go on top of carpet) a stainless passenger vent window in good condition and a ‘66 rear seat in any condition...if you have any leads let me know thanks - Jeff

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
Next... If sale doesn't work out with 1strodeo I would like to be in line for this. I could have a friend from Cleveland pick up and hold for me to get it out of your way and could pay online. Just let me know...

OP
OP
Gas Pig

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Next... If sale doesn't work out with 1strodeo I would like to be in line for this. I could have a friend from Cleveland pick up and hold for me to get it out of your way and could pay online. Just let me know...

Hey green61bug, last night Jeff (1strodeo) and I worked out a deal but thank you for the interest!

Thanks Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.