• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

GA rat/ran adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff604

I'm doing 6cyl to 8 cyl swap and using stock 3 speed and in need of a ran/rat adapter. Is there any out there close? would entertain c-4 auto if there was a column included

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
If you can't find one locally I have one. I am in Colorado.

OP
OP
J

Jeff604

this is my first bronco and I am unsure of which one I need. do I have to put the motor in and measure to see which one I need?
also price shipped?

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
If you're trying to re-use the three speed from the 6-cyl with the V8, it's not going to work.

The output shaft for the 6-cyl transmission is shorter than the V8 transmission. You need the complete V8 transmission with V8 adapter to make it work correctly.

Attac

Contributor
Jeff I have 3 V8 three speeds with bell housings and transfer case adapters.
If langester doesn't have what you need let me know.
Chuck

OP
OP
J

Jeff604

thanks guys for all the offers I picked up a complete trans from Mike D from this forum this week

Status
Not open for further replies.