• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MD 1961 Shasta Airflyte 16' (not mine)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I think a bronco could pull this with no problem. Keep the speed down and be safe. All good.

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
Disk brakes on bronco and electric brakes on trailer it could do it but not ideal like bax said be really careful there use to be a family come to super calibration with one about like this green match the bronco cool setup I think they came from Indiana but he wreaked it messed them both up broncos are not good tow trucks just my opinion

pa69broncoguy

Better check with your insurance, I know mine says no trailer towing. You would hate to void your insurance coverage wile towing.

OP
OP
TarheelEB

TarheelEB

Thank you to all who replied to my question about towing this camper with my Bronco.

brianstrange

Bronco Guru
Haggerty said I can tow a limited amount with mine. They said 10 times a year is fine, but if garaged outside, it must be for a car event. My research tells me that a W/D hitch with sway control, and electric brakes is the key. I'd opt for the cam style sway control that locks the vehicles together when straight. All this said, keep it under 60

brianstrange

Bronco Guru
Put the best tires on the trailer ,you blow a tire you are in serious trouble
What he said! New trailers are built with min requirements. The two tires together on my 17' Jay were rated less than the dry weight of the trailer. The theory was by placing 500 lbs on the tongue, it met spec. This is cutting it too close for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.