• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA mickey thompson Challenger wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I have a set of five(5) Mickey Thompson Challenger wheels. These are 16x8.5; They have a 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern (Bronco). These wheels are extremely rare. They are FORGED wheels. They are in excellent condition. They were only made for 3 years by Alcoa for Mickey Thompson. They look like slotted wheels similar to the ones used on the Stroppe Baja Broncos. I will trade for a set of 8 LUG Mickey Thompson Challenger wheels if anyone knows where a set are. (F350 or E350) Mark in San Diego. Beach City Broncos 619 997-9954

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Still have the MT wheels ? Is it the classic locker with removable ring.

I will step in here.

I have had the MT fake locker. Cool wheel. Due to the ring, not always easy to balance but worth it in my opinion. But not just my opinion....these are highly coveted by everybody right now....wish MT would do it again but with a real beadlock this time.

Having said that the MT Challengers are a completely different kettle of fish.
They are forged instead of cast by the most respected name in aluminum on the planet, Alcoa. Look at big semi aluminum wheels, almost always Alcoa.

The Challengers are likely a lot more expensive than you are expecting....lol.

They are probably one of the coolest and strongest off road wheels ever made, IMO.

I would still rock some 15x10 Challengers. But they are pretty much gone....
Every once in awhile somebody will post a set on line for sale that still look really good. But they are pricey....as they should be....

Last edited:

Funrunr

Contributor
I have access to 4 of these 15X10 wheels shown in picture below. How can I tell if they are MT or not? Is there a stamp on the backside or do I need to remove the tire?

Attachments

• 15x10 slot.jpg
    15x10 slot.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 207

399strokerEB

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wasilla, AK
There should be a manufacturer name cast into the back side. Those look like an ordinary set of slotted mags, but who knows. I'm still trying to find three to match my American racing one.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I have access to 4 of these 15X10 wheels shown in picture below. How can I tell if they are MT or not? Is there a stamp on the backside or do I need to remove the tire?

Those are mags. I have a few of those too.
Slotted mags are desirable to many.

The Challengers are paying homage to that design but are in fact forged aluminum not cast aluminum or magnesium.

Their name pays homage to Mickey Thompson's race car Pontiac Challenger. A name he applied to later race cars too.

Funrunr

Contributor
Thanks guys, at $300 for the set I will pass on them. I wanted them for my 67 F100 but I think it would be hard to turn with manual steering.

Status
Not open for further replies.