• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

De-greaser have you used

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
A guy was standing in line next to me at the auto parts store where I was buying some of their de-greaser. He told me about the Totally Awesome at the dollar store and swore by it. Since there was a dollar store right across the street, I put the de-greaser back on their shelf and have been happy with the Totally Awesome product, especially the price since I go through a lot of it. My neighbor even came over to tell me he had discovered it and how good it is, then I told him I was already using it.

kancox

another vote for totally awesome,best I,ve found and it is cheap. I use it in a pump up garden sprayer

OP
OP
69broncofun

69broncofun

Bronco Guru
A guy was standing in line next to me at the auto parts store where I was buying some of their de-greaser. He told me about the Totally Awesome at the dollar store and swore by it. Since there was a dollar store right across the street, I put the de-greaser back on their shelf and have been happy with the Totally Awesome product, especially the price since I go through a lot of it. My neighbor even came over to tell me he had discovered it and how good it is, then I told him I was already using it.

I will have to give it a try. Thanks

Wolverine

If using totally awesome, is it safe to spray the engine compartment (hoses, engine) but avoiding the electrical?

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
If using totally awesome, is it safe to spray the engine compartment (hoses, engine) but avoiding the electrical?

yes it's pretty safe stuff, not a lot of chemicals in it. I think envoi safe as well like simple green

H8-2sale

Loc.
Little Rock
Just some more input here on this subject. I use muscle magic by superior products. Farely inexpensive for a gallon of it and depending on the strength you want it, lasts a long time. Do be careful if you mix it strong though, will pull stickers off of four wheelers pretty easily. Available at O’Reilly auto parts.

West Tn Dawg

BULLDOG
Loc.
Kenton
I went and got some Totally Awesome. I wanted to find something that would spray on Brake dust on wheels and hose off. My wheels are a bitch to clean on my truck. It didn't cut it.
With that said, anything out there that will cut this brake dust without a lot of scrubbing?

68ford

Bronco Guru
Diesel, cheapest degreaser per gallon you'll fine. Cleans better than anything else and does not hurt anything. Paint, rubber, wiring etc doesn't harm at all. Doesn't hurt your skin or eyes, you just may smell for a day or so.

Attac

Contributor
I have used greased lightning for years. It works really well on brake dust as well

Glass Pony

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sussex County Delaware
Diesel, cheapest degreaser per gallon you'll fine. Cleans better than anything else and does not hurt anything. Paint, rubber, wiring etc doesn't harm at all. Doesn't hurt your skin or eyes, you just may smell for a day or so.
I like using kerosene which is pretty close to diesel. Especially inside of gearboxes and axle housings where I have a weird phobia about using water that might get trapped in an area that I missed.:p

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
I like using kerosene which is pretty close to diesel. Especially inside of gearboxes and axle housings where I have a weird phobia about using water that might get trapped in an area that I missed.:p

Kerosene is also known as #1 Diesel fuel, the more common diesel fuel is #2 Diesel, with #1 mostly used as a winter fuel since it gels at a colder temperature but gets worse fuel mileage.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have used greased lightning for years. It works really well on brake dust as well

Ditto on greased lighting. I've used it for grease AND to remove anodization (works great for that). $8 at Home Depot for a Gallon. People like Simple Green, and it does "work", but it's basically a chemical version of any "orange oil" cleaner mixed with surfactants (soap). If you like SG and you can find "orange" or "citrus" generic cheaper, go for it.

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Fast 505 is my favorite from home depot. Purple for really heavy nasty grease. Both burn your skin. The next best thing is hook your pressure washer directly up to the hot water tank in your house. I then turn the tank to max. Super hot water sure works better.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
I went and got some Totally Awesome. I wanted to find something that would spray on Brake dust on wheels and hose off. My wheels are a bitch to clean on my truck. It didn't cut it.
With that said, anything out there that will cut this brake dust without a lot of scrubbing?
Sonax is amazing stuff. Wait for it to change colors before spraying off. When they are clean you need to put a ceramic/nano coating on them so its easier to clean.

p-21911-230241_Sonax_Wheel-Cleaner-PLUS.jpg

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Its been around for a few years now and I have 2 detailers that swear by it. Its basically the next generation of wax but lasts 5 times longer and is a lot easier to apply. One of my detailers uses Optimum Gloss Coat and the other uses Ceramic Pro. Water beads off the car and a simple spray off and any dirt is gone. He did my Hellcat with the Optimum back in February 2017 and Ive literally hand washed the car less than 5 times since then. Just spray it off, air dry and its spotless. It also gives the paint a deeper look. He put some on my wheels too as the Brembos dust like crazy. A simple spray off and they are spotless without needing any elbow grease.

Heres a photo right after he did the car. It takes 24 hours to fully cure

Attachments

• IMG_20170202_074948_615.jpg
    IMG_20170202_074948_615.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20170113_152128_zpsp0ko9xcc.jpg
    IMG_20170113_152128_zpsp0ko9xcc.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 13