• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Coyote Clearance question

stock orange

Thanks in advance.

Installing a coyote and trying to keep a 1 inch body lift. At the moment the body is off the frame and we are trying to figure out how high the motor can sit without hitting the stock hood.

Does anyone know how many inches there is between the Frame rail and the under side of the hood?

Thanks

Ed

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
If you use BC's kit you should fit under the stock hood with your one inch body lift.

BC still does restorations and specialize in Coyote conversions. They can't answer all of your questions and provide the kit to do the install. Don't try to re-invent the wheel...unless that's your "thing", haha

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I wonder if it might just be too close to one of your hood braces. In which case a little clearancing could be all that's required.
I'd give Jason a call, or pm chuck here on CB.

OP
OP
S

stock orange

I am just hoping someone can give me the distance between the top of the Frame rail and the Hood in inches.

Thank you.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
You probably need a rather accurate reading?
I am trying to figure out how to get it for ya.
I have the one inch bl too.

Maybe in the day light I could stick my head up in there with the tape measure and be able to see what I'm doing.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Hyghlndr here on CB just recently purchased an Orange Coyote rig.
If you look up his posts you will see some photos .....it may help you...may not.

Attachments

• 0511171005b.jpg
    0511171005b.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 222

STalon89

I did a 2" body lift (from BC) on my coyote swap. You will need it to clear the brake booster. My booster is still basically laying on my valve cover with about 1/2" of clearance.

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
Hyghlndr here on CB just recently purchased an Orange Coyote rig.
If you look up his posts you will see some photos .....it may help you...may not.

They notched the frame on that one to drop the motor, and used hydro boost brakes. No body lift.

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If you install the BC Engine Mounts and their serpentine system you will not have to modify the frame at all.

A 2" Body Lift is recommended to clear the Brake Booster. Depending on what type of Booster/Brakes you have, you may be able to get away with a 1" Body Lift. This is what I am going to try.

You are still gonna have to modify the inner fenders too. A stock 302 is about 20" wide at the top of the Valve Covers. A Coyote is about 28" W I D E. width is more of an issue than height.

STalon89

Only one inner fender mod is needed. Just an inch of material off of the passenger side, and you just lay the fender wall right back on top and bolt it down. Drivers side will stay intact, but you will need to space the steering box accordingly so the angle of the steering shaft is correct.