• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Seeking Advice on Floor Shifter Install

justin_mccubbin

Bronco enthusiasts,

I've run out of patience with my column shifter (been in it three times in the last seven or so years) and so as much as it kills me to break from originality, I've decided to install a floor shifter. I've done some browsing and I'm leaning towards the Hurst kit from TBP. Has anyone installed this kit (or any other floor shifter) in their early bronco? If so, do you have any advice you'd care to share before I get after it?

Thank you all,

Justin

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
I had the Duffy's original floor shifter. Similar to the Hurst, but more refined to fit the Bronco. A shorter throw was the nice feature.

Mark

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, I am very happy with the Duff shifter I got over 25 years ago, along with the fiberglass tunnel cover. Back then Duff put his own lever on a Hurst 3 speed shifter. All it ever needs is some WD40 every now and then. Good luck

OP
OP
J

justin_mccubbin

Thank you all for the replies. I'm really leaning towards the Duff's, and this might be a stupid question, but does it come with the shift linkage? The "what's included" from dufftuff.com says:

"Included is the rubber boot, bezel, walnut knob, decal and optional white fiberglass tunnel cover with screws (additional charge)."

Thank you all again, I love this forum.

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
another guy ditching the 3 on the tree.....sweet.....makes my rig even more nostalgic! 3 on the tree is one of the cool things about my bronco.