• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Name Build Thread: from "Obscure Machine" to "Bayou Hazard"

OP
OP
ObscureMachine

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
and a shotgun, haha.. GOOD LUCK Brother man!

Kel-Tec KSG

ksg1-702x336.jpg

OP
OP
ObscureMachine

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Been a slow week or so, a lot going on. Trying to help my wife buy a new guitar, which she uses for work, so it's kind of time sensitive.

1. SOLD THE MUSTANG $17,300 for an 08' GT with 39K miles!!! (BRONCO MONEY!!!!)
2. Finished cleaning the garage, which may not seem like a big deal, but it's my woodworking shop, auto shop, and laundry room! Plus I have WAY too many tools. I put all of my tables and saws on rolling carts, so I can move things around to work on the bronco, rather than outside under it's open but covered area.

3. Got C02 gas for my welder.
4. Ran a dedicated electrical line for the welder
5. relocated my compressor
6. started working on fuel lines

Attachments

• 22519331_10155697086315539_3212098270904887334_n.jpg
    22519331_10155697086315539_3212098270904887334_n.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 63
  • Money.jpg
    Money.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 97

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I'm predicting that cash will be gone by next week....may I interest you in purchasing some cloud insurance as an investment opportunity? ;)

OP
OP
ObscureMachine

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Taking a few days off because I have 3 tables I'm building and have to get out before I can get the bronco in to start welding.

FYI - some black walnut I found and planed down. The dark spot is just water on it to see what it will look like with tongue oil. The one with straps is a slab I found that was 6 inches thick!!! My daughter wanted it for a bedside table. So, I had to cut it in half so it would fit in the planer. Plane it down to 3 inches. Then glue it back together. Once sanded, I'll use epoxy mixed with sawdust to fill any cracks or gaps, then finish it with my own wipe-on poly concoction. I know it's not bronco related, but it has to be done so I can work on the bronco!

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 58
  • BW3.jpg
    BW3.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 53
  • BW2.jpg
    BW2.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 58
  • MT1.jpg
    MT1.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 59
OP
OP
ObscureMachine

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
I'm predicting that cash will be gone by next week....may I interest you in purchasing some cloud insurance as an investment opportunity? ;)

No Way!
Wife has the cash. We've listed out all the major parts that cost real money (based on my build plan and budget) put the amount plus 10% in an envelope with what it's for written on the envelope. Then she put them all in our small safe and only she has the key. Then put the rest in their as Misc. So she has control of the $$$, because I would have already bought a Coyote! ;D ;D ;D

5001craig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
No Way!
Wife has the cash. We've listed out all the major parts that cost real money (based on my build plan and budget) put the amount plus 10% in an envelope with what it's for written on the envelope. Then she put them all in our small safe and only she has the key. Then put the rest in their as Misc. So she has control of the $$$, because I would have already bought a Coyote! ;D ;D ;D

I blew my budget by a mile. And it was on a spreadsheet...

Congrats on selling your Stang (very nice car). And welcome to a new chapter.

OP
OP
ObscureMachine

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
2 questions

1) What kind of Guitar
Mrs. Obscure's was holding her Martin by the strap, the strapped slipped off and it hit a piece of furniture. broke off a few pieces and popped the corner on the backside. She put it back together (she's amazing) and it works great, but it's not the same.

She bought a used Taylor (acoustic) in great shape, 3 months old, and got it for about half of what a new one sells anywhere.

We prayed a lot for the right guitar, and this one just popped out of nowhere and it's perfect.

Taylor-324e-fr-2015.png

2) for What Work?
She's the worship pastor for our church. And she travels all over oregon leading worship at other churches. A number of churches and people heard (and saw) about her guitar being broken and collected $1500 for her to buy a new one.

Attachments

• Martin1.jpg
    Martin1.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Martin2.jpg
    Martin2.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 40

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Sweet... Ready for an upgrade at guitar myself some day.. Ibanez at the moment..