• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Paint Jobs

bfgreen85

Loc.
Fayetteville
My truck is finally getting close to completion. I've had it for over two years, and after a complete frame-off restoration, it's just about to get a pretty new paint job. I'm thinking about white with blue racing stripes right now, but am still trying to come up with variations. I'd like to open this thread up to people who want to post pictures of their rigs' paint jobs, or even any pictures of other trucks that they saw that were pretty cool. Come on guys. Feed me some ideas. Post as many cool pics as you want.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
IMO Racing stripes are hard to pull off on a bronco and unless its got the right stance and the stripes are the correct width, it looks kinda wierd.

I like the two tone paint jobs that cut right at the body line.

It all depends on the "attitude" of your rig. Racing stripes on a stocker would look strange. Post some pics of your rig and we'll be more than happy to give you our opinions/ideas.

But its your rig - do what you like!

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm with Heus33 on the stripes, most of the time I don't think they fit well on the Broncos unless its the factory Ranger or Sport package, however there is one in the old photo gallery that has always stood out, I don't recall who's it was but it was a 76 copper with white cobra stripes, it didn't have a lift but was cut and looked to be running 32x11:50's very nice looking rig from the pics.

OP
OP
B

bfgreen85

Loc.
Fayetteville
The Fender's have been cut out quite a bit, and I've got some flares. It's got a 3.5" James Duff lift with 35" Toyo M/T's. It's also got a black ragtop. It's far from stock. The General Lee paint job would be sweet, but I'd rather not get shot at while I drive downtown. It can't really be considered stock anymore.

22213evl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rio Rancho N.M.
I love the stock copper color, and with blk stripes, and a blk top, it would look good
this is a good color

Attachments

• nice%20truck.jpg
    nice%20truck.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 200

70EB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gig Harbor
OK OK

Here is mine newly painted (but under a car cover for about 8 months - Iraq again) Bronco. Changes color in sunlight

Attachments

• Paint.JPG
    Paint.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 143

BamaBlue'67

That is sharp!
Thank you for your service! Without Brave souls like yourself we would not be able to enjoy our Freedoms and Bronco addictions.

hntr006

Mine finally got painted earlier this year. The paint is medium emerald irid., a ford color from the 70's. I can't remember the exact year. I love it. I broke up the green with the silver sport theme grill. It came out good.

083-1.jpg
[/IMG]

OP
OP
B

bfgreen85

Loc.
Fayetteville
This is exactly why I started this post. You guys have got some sweet rides. I can never come up with pictures like these when I'm just searching on the internet. I'd post the picks of mine, but I left my camera a few hundred miles away, and the pictures are on it. I really like the sport grill.

BroncoDarin

Loc.
Spokane, Washington
That looks great. I love the way the white and blue stand out.

Thanks. It took me a long time to figure out exactly how I wanted the stripe. Tried a lot of layouts that looked bad. This one is kind of a combination of a mustang and Bronco stripe options.

I have since installed the headlight rings that are blue and it made the grill blend in a lot better.