• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Yearly Changes

gtownky

Loc.
Cynthiana,KY
Can a mode look at this please and see if they can get it fixed. Thanks

I beleive the link is broke and was wondering if a mod could fix this. Thanks

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
That's an external link to another site: Bronco.com

Looks like their whole site is down at the moment. Maybe it's just temporary.

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
No mention on either of those when the antenna moved to the driver's side, the tailgate body line, the windshield latch on the hood, the reversible swingaway spare, the track bar frame mount, or the door window frames & strikes.

f2502011

Anyone know where I could find more information about what options were available each year? I can't seem to find any information about air conditioning. Was it a factory option and if so when was it first available? What about radio options were there any besides the AM? Power steering and automatic first available with V8 in 1973? What about with the 6 cyl or the Stroppe Bronco in years prior? What's the rarest factory option? Power disc brakes not until 1976 but what about power drum brakes previously were they available? Any direction, tips, links etc. to this kind of information would be great.

twisted 66

Contributor
Loc.
Norcal-Tracy
No mention on either of those when the antenna moved to the driver's side, the tailgate body line, the windshield latch on the hood, the reversible swingaway spare, the track bar frame mount, or the door window frames & strikes.

When did the antenna move from the pass to the driver? I assume early 66 or the 65 prod date? There are several differences not listed on those sites... door cylinder lock position different in 66, 67, 68-77, 66 only fender firewall brace, different tops and liftgates in earlier years in 66. Horn buttons in 66 only with product of ford motor company. Radio knobs different on 66. Hard top fastener brackets only on 66. Vin location, emergency flasher bezel 66 only, eyebrow grill, spare tire mount location or jack location,tailgate upper line, taillights 66 only, master cylinder 66 only.....and more differences mostly noted on earlier years. It would be nice for a published copy or website could really tell the differences between years, but that would mean someone would need to compile all the info and distribute.

Last edited:

ECEB

Internet Archive

Yearly Changes

*** Admin edit 12/7/11 - Unfortunately the sites that used to have this information are now dead (www.bronco.com and www.76bronco.com)

Although not the same level of detail as the original article here's a link that might help: http://earlybroncoads.com/what-years-to-buy/

So, these old sites are pretty valuable. Someone might want to grab them while they are still archived. The latest snapshot I found is here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20131217104446/http://www.bronco.com/

It looks like 76bronco.com is back

If someone needs me to help them nerd out and grab the whole site, I can help. Maybe it can be integrated here?