• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Powder coating

74 Bronco Billy

Contributor
Does anyone have any experience with the Eastwood powder coating system? Know of a better gun? Or system?

Thanks,

Forrest

jrussells

Contributor
No experience with the Eastwood, but I used the harbor freight system to do my wheels. Worked pretty good once I got the hang of it. They've held up good so far, what little I've driven it

samamarshall

What have you guys used for an oven? Been thinking of picking up a cheap HF gun and trying some DIY powder coating. A regular old electric oven off craigslist? I'm guessing that could fit most stuff and one wheel at a time...

meadowblaster

I have an Eastwood gun that I bought probably 15 years ago. I use an old electric oven and it works great. I have used Eastwood powder and HB powder and both work well. I have done engine brackets, pulleys, intakes, valve covers, etc. on the Bronco and turned out well.

OP
OP
74 Bronco Billy

74 Bronco Billy

Contributor
How did you cover the intake ports? Silicone tape?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

catfan

Contributor
Sears discontinued their powder coating gun but you can still get it on Ebay
and it doesn't need a air compressor. Works good for small stuff just don't
drop it.
Here's the item # 360964799766

meadowblaster

You can purchase high temp tape to tape gasket surfaces and such. The Eastwood kit comes with silicone plugs that are tapered to plug holes with.