• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Official Herd of Broncos in Baja Thread

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
Many of you saw a post I made about 8 months ago, about potentially making a trip down to Baja with some Bronco folks. I expected to get maybe 3 or 4 takers at the most, but was quickly overwhelmed with responses. I initially set the limit to 10, but ended up with 13. That was recently cut down to 12 due to some health reasons, so we are officially the "Dirty Dozen" and we are headed down to Baja this week. I decided to go ahead and start the thread now, because several of the Broncos are on their way to Yuma to meet up at this moment. We have Broncos from OR, CA, CO, CT, PA, MN and TX. A few folks are driving their Broncos to Yuma (Hallstrom's just left MN yesterday driving theirs, and I think are going thru Moab. One of the pics is them on their way). A few are trailering to Yuma (like me), and a few will show up on the Peroni rig. Some are bringing spouses (like me), some are bringing friends and others are bringing relatives (like Mike and his dad). We have 2 Stroppes and the Ford Ballon Chaser Ambulance, along with some other REALLY nice Broncos. I'm super excited about this group, and think our route will be epic. We will post pics and info along the way on this thread if you want to follow along. Hopefully, others that are on the trip will post here also. We also have a FB page (search for Baja Bronco Adventure) and Instagram (search for Baja Bronco Adventure). We will use the hashtag #herdofbroncos if you want to follow that way. I plan to have my InReach active during the trip, so you should be able to follow using this link; https://share.garmin.com/BroncoGuy. Our adventure will take us to Horsepower Ranch in Ensenada, Punta San Carlos, Bahia de Los Angeles, San Ignacio, Loreto (3 nights), La Paz, Guererro Negro and San Felipe. We'll cover a lot of dirt that has been used in various off-road races, visit 5 of the remaining 7 "in tact" 18th century missions, and see a lot of the crazy but awesome stuff Baja has to offer! Here are some pics of a few of our HERD! I've also included a high level view of our route, along with a pic of the (*edit* my wife informed me we are bringing 400 YES, FOUR HUNDRED, not 300 as originally posted),!! Coloring Books and Crayons that many of you helped provide and we will be giving to the kids of Baja!!

Here we go -- Viva Baja!! And Viva Classic Broncos and the Bronco Community!!

Attachments

• Drews Truck on way to Yuma.jpg
    Drews Truck on way to Yuma.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 280
  • Hallstroms on drive to Yuma.jpg
    Hallstroms on drive to Yuma.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 234
  • Chris Bronco.jpg
    Chris Bronco.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 228
  • Dave Bronco.jpg
    Dave Bronco.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 244
  • drewbronco.jpg
    drewbronco.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 228
  • Eck Bronco.jpg
    Eck Bronco.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 226
  • Hallstrom Bronco.jpg
    Hallstrom Bronco.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 217
  • Jeff Bronco.jpg
    Jeff Bronco.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 221
  • Scott Bronco.jpg
    Scott Bronco.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 240
  • Michael Bronco.jpg
    Michael Bronco.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_0221.jpg
    IMG_0221.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_2283.jpg
    IMG_2283.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:

HB73

I dropped a new engine in yesterday, but I promise I won't be late to the party :) Wrapping up a couple of small items before I head to Yuma on Friday. Can't wait to get going. There's also a blog set up http://info.bajabroncoadventure.com and a webpage https://spark.adobe.com/page/qxN8DP7zxxhi4/ for those of you who don't Facebook or Instagram. There will be a bunch of material posted on all these sites once we get this thing rolling. Vaya con Broncos!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Hell yeah. Thanks for starting it. Looking forward to your adventures

Safe travels to all

lgdpt

I just got back from Baja (NORRA race)... You guys will have a blast! I’m so jealous.

billd987

Very much looking forward to it. Doug and I will be cruising over to Yuma on Friday afternoon.

Last edited:

landshark99

Bronco Guru
Packed and standing by for transport

66abb685ba03e31e3f4df5f70839028e.jpg

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
I,ve got my comfy chair ready, to follow the adventure.;D Safe travels to all and have a great trip.:cool::cool:

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Just got back from Baja too - pre-ran some of the roads for you :).

Looking forward to following along!

Todd Z.

OP
OP
coachbarnes

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
All loaded (except for our clothes bags). There's a method to this madness.... really...;D;D

And you can't forget the coffee! This is a cool little K-Cup coffee maker that doesn't need power. Quick boil some water, pop in the K-Cup, Press the water and you've got a nice cup of coffee! Critical piece of equipment right here... ;D

Attachments

• Loaded.jpg
    Loaded.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 169
  • Coffee Pot.jpg
    Coffee Pot.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 160

True North

On the way! Should make Moab today!

Attachments

• 2B8BC7CD-660A-4ADF-8FBC-1B4B29A2BA20.jpg
    2B8BC7CD-660A-4ADF-8FBC-1B4B29A2BA20.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 118

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's gonna be a great time, looking forward to following this

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
should be a great time. be safe and enjoy! lots of world class views you will be seeing.

i'll put up 20 bucks for who ever can get through the san felipe whoops the quickest!

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
sitting in the office, only One word comes to mind ... ENVY !

safe travels !

ps

I pay $10.- per /for each differed ford dealership advertisement license plate anyone can pick me up on the way !

Last edited:

BoulderMike22

Packed up and ready to hitch a ride on the Peroni Pony Express. Oddly enough, this will be the first year in 5 that I don’t make it out to the Moab Bronco Safari— my Bronco will however be there even if just on the trailer.

67e57e81baed4d14dfcb30ac067c017f.jpg
cd26077afb07c2f3b5b493cf5ba8311c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
coachbarnes

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
If you are going to Moab and see a steeker like this, it wasn't one of our herd... promise!!:eek:

We haven't even crossed the border, and I'm finding the troublemakers! ;D;D

Attachments

• Hallstrom1steekers.jpg
    Hallstrom1steekers.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 155
  • Hallstrom steekers.jpg
    Hallstrom steekers.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 155