• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Horn will not stop

D.R.Y.

Loc.
The Netherlands
Hi everyone I need some advice
Today I hooked up my Painless harness to my steering column. I heard a click soundand then I checked the turn switch functions and everything workedgood. I forgot to check the horn but about 5 minutes later the horn went off and did not stop. I disconnectted the horn and found the relay was extremely warm. The steering column is a stock one made smooth now that I have a floor shift. was purchased from TBS the aftermarket steering wheel and horn is also from TBS.
Anyone have advice on prossible problem and remedies

maup

I don't know what brand aftermarket steering wheel/horn you have, but I had a similar problem after installing a Grant steering wheel/horn. The horn cap that grabs the top contact plate wasn't all the way secured and it let the top contact plate drop down and caused the horn to go off until it burned up. This happened a couple days after I installed it, and unfortunately I wasn't home to disconnect the battery.

Check to see that the contacts in the column/horn button area are still separated.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
my turn signals have not worked since I installed a TBP wheel recently, I don't have a horn installed yet...yikes ;D let us know how it turns out

SHX669

Bronco Guru
Some aftermarket horns/and their adapters have a "gasket " between the mounting surface of the steering wheel and the adapter to keep the horn from being grounded until you push the horn button - maybe yours is one of these.