• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lee's Special 76 Decor Build Thread

OP
OP
fosgate150

fosgate150

Looking good! You made it back to SC yet?

Thank you... Yep, was traveling for about 5 weeks in a row and then a few trips spread out here and there but I made it back. Ready to get back working on the bronco. ;D;D

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
fosgate150 - Keeping track of your Decor build. Looks great! Still waiting on Body Shop for mine.

I'd go with black or the same silver as the trans for the transfer case.

Dark Ford Blue for the engine.

Keep it up!

OP
OP
fosgate150

fosgate150

transfer case

Got into the transfer case this weekend. Found the gear fork for the lower gear loose and sliding on the shaft. The set screw was almost all the way backed out!! The best idea I had was to put it in 4 low, line the gears up and re-tighten it down. I got everything cleaned up and painted but will be going back into it. I will not be doing any crazy 4x4-ing but want to check things while it is out.

Attachments

• trans case dirt.JPG
    trans case dirt.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 216
  • trans case_1.JPG
    trans case_1.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 233
  • trans case_2.JPG
    trans case_2.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 222
  • trans case_3.JPG
    trans case_3.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 230

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks Sweet! Great color choice.

Much easier to check everything now while you can get to it easy.

Keep up the good work.

OP
OP
fosgate150

fosgate150

Plenty of "work" done this weekend... Got the old rubber body bushings out and new poly ones installed. I cant remember who posted it but the trick of putting the old hardware in and smacking it with a hammer to brake apart the old retaining washers worked perfect!!! I did have the pain of snapping off 2 bolts :mad: and all together it took me all weekend to get them swapped :(

I didn't get any pics of this, it was way to dirty and nasty to try and work the phone... haha.

I wanted to take care of this before I start putting sheet metal back on. It should help with getting everything lined up...

OP
OP
fosgate150

fosgate150

Where does the time go?? I took a few hours today and started "working" the new floor pans in. Starting with the passenger side first, the fit isn't to bad just a little trimming and re-bending needed. Will post some pics later this week.

OP
OP
fosgate150

fosgate150

new passenger floor

Ok, Got the passenger pan fitted in place. Will be spraying some weld through primer down, sheet metal screwing it down, and then spot welding it up. Not to shabby, and I did drill the holes for mounting the seat but just not in this pic. ;D ;D

Attachments

• new_pass.jpg
    new_pass.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 231
OP
OP
fosgate150

fosgate150

more progress

The passenger side is set and ready for spot welding. I got the drivers side fitted today, wow it was a challenge. To start it was not square, almost 3/8" out, so I had to cut it just to square it. The pan was also about an inch and a half to long on the upper side, I had to trim that off too. The good part was that the alignment was dead on after this. %) haha...

Attachments

• driver_floor_fit.jpg
    driver_floor_fit.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 206
  • pass_floor_fit.jpg
    pass_floor_fit.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 183
OP
OP
fosgate150

fosgate150

Its been a YEAR!

After being distracted for about a year, I am back on the bronco project. Life may get you down :( but you have to keep looking forward and surround yourself with things that keep you positive :D

I have the floor pans welded in now and will be getting things braced up before starting the kick panels and door posts.

More pics and progress to come...

Attachments

• Pass_1.JPG
    Pass_1.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 218
  • Pass_2.JPG
    Pass_2.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 194
  • Driver_1.JPG
    Driver_1.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 189
  • Driver_2.JPG
    Driver_2.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 182
OP
OP
fosgate150

fosgate150

pans...

I used the pans from Bronco Graveyard. They needed some trimming but overall they fit really well.

OP
OP
fosgate150

fosgate150

Passenger side kick panel and door post are in-work. I am going to patch the inner rocker while all of this is going on.

Attachments

• IMG_3219.JPG
    IMG_3219.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_3221.JPG
    IMG_3221.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_3218.JPG
    IMG_3218.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_3220.JPG
    IMG_3220.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 227
OP
OP
fosgate150

fosgate150

passenger side ready to weld

So I have the door on and all the gaps lined up... I'll be welding it all up tomorrow and then moving to the driver side.

as a note, buying new door hinges helped a lot!

Attachments

• all.jpg
    all.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 206
  • front gap.jpg
    front gap.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 187
  • top.jpg
    top.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 176
  • rear gap.jpg
    rear gap.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 168
OP
OP
fosgate150

fosgate150

more done...

The passenger side is all welded up... To ensure nothing moved while welding, I left the door in-place and kept checking it... Welded here and there and kept the spot welds cooled off...

Started cutting out the driver side today and fitting the new metal. I will have to make the upper cowl lip and firewall lip so the new metal will have something to catch.

Attachments

• driver start.jpg
    driver start.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 159
  • driver cut.jpg
    driver cut.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 148
  • welded.jpg
    welded.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 150
OP
OP
fosgate150

fosgate150

driver side coming along and ready to weld

The driver side kick panel and door post are in. I had to remake the cowl flange and the firewall flanges for mounting the kick panel.

The door gaps lined up within a 1/16" so I am happy with that and will adjust more out with the door hinges after paint.

Huge note: Don't forget that the door post and kick panel connect underneath to the inner rocker and the floor support!! I struggled for several hours trying to get things lined up before I remembered to do that, what a pain!!

Attachments

• cowl flange.jpg
    cowl flange.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 148
  • firewall flange.jpg
    firewall flange.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 137
  • driver_gap.jpg
    driver_gap.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 144
  • driver_inside.jpg
    driver_inside.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 141

akafrankcastle

Loc.
Kansas City
I hate to keep asking "where did you get X?", but...

Whose kick panels are those? I'm in the middle of the exact same work and very unhappy with the kick panels I bought.