• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rear Leaf Springs

kshinnall

Looking at buying a set of 3.5" rear leaf springs. Looking at Bronco Graveyard springs vs Tom's. Pro's and cons......
Thanks!!

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
They are all pretty good.

I prefer Duffs and WH.

But shipping costs are a big factor with such heavy items so do not decide until you have fully considered shipping ccosts.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
I am getting ready to order duffs:cool: everyone I know loves them. they have medium and heavy duty springs depending what all you carry around

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What is your intent with the truck?
Generaly IMO I would go with Jeff's or WH 11 pack. It will typically/should give you a softer ride.

Edit: Many are typically out of stock or backordered as well.

OP
OP
kshinnall

kshinnall

Yeah, I've looked at shipping. Jeff's was right at $100, Tom's $125. Probably going to go with Jeff's superflex 11 pack springs.

My intentions with it is mild trail riding, some mudding and overall ride quality.

Master Chief

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yeah, I've looked at shipping. Jeff's was right at $100, Tom's $125. Probably going to go with Jeff's superflex 11 pack springs.

My intentions with it is mild trail riding, some mudding and overall ride quality.

Deaver makes the Superflex springs that Jeffs carries. You will probably be quite happy matching them with the Superflex coils and Bilstein shocks.

The week that I bought my Bronco I replaced the springs to get rid of the lift blacks. Drove it 1000 miles home, coils arrived, replaced those. Drove it for about two years with those springs and wanted to see if I could make the ride even better so I decided to replace the shocks with Bilsteins. Needless to say, my suspension is dialed in and I am done messing with it.

darkmagus

I have the Deaver springs on my bronco (front and rear) and I've also had deaver leafs on my old Tacoma. I love them for both applications. They ride nice and flex really well. Although on my Tacoma I couldn't haul as much as with the factory springs with overloads.

c84c479c151eef74f43bfbfccc2aa378.jpg

1c176e173ea276495151de71e4ae6a04.jpg

norm02

Deaver makes the Superflex springs that Jeffs carries. You will probably be quite happy matching them with the Superflex coils and Bilstein shocks.

The week that I bought my Bronco I replaced the springs to get rid of the lift blacks. Drove it 1000 miles home, coils arrived, replaced those. Drove it for about two years with those springs and wanted to see if I could make the ride even better so I decided to replace the shocks with Bilsteins. Needless to say, my suspension is dialed in and I am done messing with it.

Are you running single shocks at all corners or are you running multiple shocks per corner? Also, which Bilsteins are you running?

OP
OP
kshinnall

kshinnall

Running singles in the corners and was actually looking at the Bilstein 5100 series. Definitely going to save up my lunch money to get four Bilstein shocks.

Master Chief

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Running singles in the corners and was actually looking at the Bilstein 5100 series. Definitely going to save up my lunch money to get four Bilstein shocks.

I got mine from AJ-USA during a buy 3 get 1 free sale with free shipping to boot. Look around, the net, several places have similar sales time and again.

Amazon.com currently list them for about 70 bucks per shock with free shipping.

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru

I'm pretty sure the super flex is the in house Leaf spring that Jeff's bronco graveyard sells. Easy enough to tell them apart from Deaver, the price is about $180 different for a pair. If you see them for under $400 you can bet they aren't Deaver.

Master Chief

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm pretty sure the super flex is the in house Leaf spring that Jeff's bronco graveyard sells. Easy enough to tell them apart from Deaver, the price is about $180 different for a pair. If you see them for under $400 you can bet they aren't Deaver.

Mike, Deaver makes the Superflex springs that Jeffs sells. I have them on my Bronco. The "Long Travel" springs are what you are thinking of, and yes, the LT leafs are listed at $275.00, vice $405.00 for the Superflex (Deaver).

While the description for the leafs does not mention manufacturer, the coils state Deaver: http://shop.broncograveyard.com/196...x-Coil-Springs-3-1_2-CSH05/productinfo/13206/

Roger

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

True dat brother

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Deaver makes a great product but I'm lazy.....I don't want to "assume" I got the best leaf packs and not the economy version............I just go to Duffs so that "I know" I got the best leaf packs.
Lol.
Sorry....another shameless Duff plug....

brewchief

Mike, Deaver makes the Superflex springs that Jeffs sells. I have them on my Bronco. The "Long Travel" springs are what you are thinking of, and yes, the LT leafs are listed at $275.00, vice $405.00 for the Superflex (Deaver).

While the description for the leafs does not mention manufacturer, the coils state Deaver: http://shop.broncograveyard.com/196...x-Coil-Springs-3-1_2-CSH05/productinfo/13206/

Roger

I've got the "house brand" springs from jeffs, when I bought them we pulled a set of the "house brand" and a set of the deavers, side by side you couldn't tell them apart. The thickness and length of each leaf in the pack was the same and the hardware looked to be the same as well. That said the materiel could be different as well as some of the processes used to build them. I think that for the average guy the "house brand" springs would be just fine but if you're going to be running them close to their limits then opting for the deavers wouldn't hurt at all.

OP
OP
kshinnall

kshinnall

Went ahead and ordered the 3.5" superflex from Bronco Graveyard. Got an email saying they've been placed on back order. Frustrating...
Going to call them Tuesday to see how long they will be on back order. If its going to be a LONG time, looking at calling Wild Horses to see if they have them in stock. I just might be cancelling from one, then ordering from the other.
Again, frustrating......

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nope.
Another company has been making ours to our specifications for years. And as far as I know (but could be wrong) we've never used Deaver, at least as our main supplier.

Paul

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru

Roger

Ah yes, it's the "long travel" that JBG sells that is the in house version.

I've had both pair on a Bronco I punished every time I wheeled it. There were subtle differences in appearance. Like mentioned above I swapped to the Deavers because I was getting into harder stuff and wanted to be sure the springs would not fail.