• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Maps for Baja Bronco Adventure

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
I started this thread because the other turned into a major hijack.

I sent out 2 pm's! One was to give you the payment info, and the next was to just get your mailing address. Please don't send money!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

HB73

Too late. Already sent. Buy yourself something nice with it. Merry Christmas.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
I like Baja and adventures ... cash is what I send all the time !

merry x-mas !

Franko

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
I sent you mine already too. get the wife somethin and make her happy. merry Christmas!!!

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Thanks brothers for sending moola my way! I have everyone's address. We just missed the postal carrier today, so they will be going out tomorrow. Watch for the white paper cylinder coming via USPS Thursday or Friday. Merry Christmas everyone!

pbwcr

===== =
Hi Bukin,
I live in Baja and have a lot of maps. The best paper map is the Baja Almanc which has been out of print since 2009. They go from Ebay from time to time for 50 to 400 dollars. Another good folding paper map is the Baja version from AAA. Hard to find because it is now out of print. However they are still found at many AAA stores. Quality is slightly a little less accurate/complete than the Almanac. I am never without these two maps.
If you have a Garmin or Lowrance GPS then it opens up to the best of all from Murdocknav.com. NOT for use with a Garmin Nuvi. Works great for either a used marine unit (cheap) or an Oregon or Montana (expensive).
My latest effort is ORUX is Android SW for a tablet. The maps are very good and only second to Murdock. Orux learning effort is huge and you will need plenty of practice. ORUX should work in the states with the proper map download.
BTW, none of the electronic maps above will work for navigation from point to point that we are all familiar with in our late model autos or a Nuvi.
Good luck, PaulW

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
===== =
Hi Bukin,
I live in Baja and have a lot of maps. The best paper map is the Baja Almanc which has been out of print since 2009. They go from Ebay from time to time for 50 to 400 dollars. Another good folding paper map is the Baja version from AAA. Hard to find because it is now out of print. However they are still found at many AAA stores. Quality is slightly a little less accurate/complete than the Almanac. I am never without these two maps.
If you have a Garmin or Lowrance GPS then it opens up to the best of all from Murdocknav.com. NOT for use with a Garmin Nuvi. Works great for either a used marine unit (cheap) or an Oregon or Montana (expensive).
My latest effort is ORUX is Android SW for a tablet. The maps are very good and only second to Murdock. Orux learning effort is huge and you will need plenty of practice. ORUX should work in the states with the proper map download.
BTW, none of the electronic maps above will work for navigation from point to point that we are all familiar with in our late model autos or a Nuvi.
Good luck, PaulW

Thanks Paul. I ran across these rolled up maps a few years ago in a small market in San Ignacio. They really work perfect for navigating the highways and major roads. I agree they're not of AAA quality, but they're very compact and the whole peninsula is on one page so you can scroll you're way up and down Baja without having to flip pages. They also have distances in miles and km marked to help figure out fuel consumption and blow ups of major towns and cities.
A nice navigation unit like a Lowrance with Murdock or a tablet with a good app like LeadNav would be sweet, but not all in the group will have one.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Have not seen mine yet but that is OK. I did send something back your way since you were not looking for cash.

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Awesome! Glad the postal service didn't let me down. If anyone doesn't get theirs please let me know.
Thanks everyone, and have a great holiday season and be safe.

HB73

Mine arrived safely in California. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk