• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Third times a charm v3.0

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Progress is so slow......

Drivelines show up tomorrow and I should have it running again after the intake change. Few small things to finish up and then it's time for exhaust.

The first time I started it I had a coolant leak at the thermostat housing so I decided I need a new Weiand intake.

A54104FA-AEE7-4721-B326-0F3ED9986C76_zpsvjhazodt.jpg

ahansen_1985

Bronco Guru
Loc.
amity, oregon
Progress is so slow......

Drivelines show up tomorrow and I should have it running again after the intake change. Few small things to finish up and then it's time for exhaust.

The first time I started it I had a coolant leak at the thermostat housing so I decided I need a new Weiand intake.

A54104FA-AEE7-4721-B326-0F3ED9986C76_zpsvjhazodt.jpg

That's looking amazing!

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Driveshafts are in

1654408D-A3F9-473C-8E20-E6362573954E_zps8rigrw1x.jpg

72911D16-B758-4079-A288-F1C0FD25B2B4_zpsu0iv3xdd.jpg

Started the trans tunnel cover. Have two bends to finish and then I'll use nutserts to secure it.

90785E6A-E866-47F9-ACEE-114F5BB0EB98_zpsqz7wy1i1.jpg

As soon as I can get the hydraulic clutch to bleed (pain in the ass), it's off to get the exhaust done.

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
Looks like you got your driveshaft issues figured out. Getting close,looks like a snow run isn't too far off.

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Latest mods are finished. I've been driving it around the last few days and I'm so stoked with the 5 speed, the exhaust sound and the little amount of power I picked up in the process.

[youtube]1-YcVEmBTIA[/youtube]

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
Sounds real good.When I saw your post I was hoping it was Baby news....I've wanted to get rid of my glass packs since I got mine,but life keeps getting in the way.
Congrats on all your mods,you need a license plate frame....Built not Bought.

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Sounds real good.When I saw your post I was hoping it was Baby news....I've wanted to get rid of my glass packs since I got mine,but life keeps getting in the way.
Congrats on all your mods,you need a license plate frame....Built not Bought.

Thanks Mike! No baby yet. We have an appointment Sunday morning to induce if he doesn't arrive before. I have my old mufflers if you want them.

I'm ready for him ;D

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
I'm lookin to go the 2 into 1 also,then I can put in my electric tank valve that I've had for 4 years.

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
You going to be bringing it to the meet up on the 7th? It's been a long time since I made a gathering and I was thinking I'd bring up the new (to me) 72 I snagged down in Klamath falls...would like to see yours!

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
You going to be bringing it to the meet up on the 7th? It's been a long time since I made a gathering and I was thinking I'd bring up the new (to me) 72 I snagged down in Klamath falls...would like to see yours!

Sounds like fun. Where is everyone meeting? I didn't see anything posted.

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
Here's Suzan's email:

Suzanne Sullivan Nov 14
To
Andy & Haylie Vaughn Brandon Ferschweiler Brian Wells Bruce Sexton Bronco Craig & Julie Stewart and 19 more...
Reminder - Our next club meeting will be Sunday, December 7 starting at 5:00 pm at
Leonardo's Pizzeria
16505 SE 1st Street
Vancouver, Wa
360-253-2394 - it helps them if you call and pre-order your pizza.

Like I said - it's been a LONG time since I made one of these gatherings - been too busy with the new Job, setting up our "Hobby farm", Kiddo starting school, building my shop, etc etc....lamo excuses I know(!). Anyways - would be great to see your LUBER there, I have a growing list of things to do on mine and would love to compare notes and get inspiration from what you've done!

doghows72

Bronco Guru
My apologies for the Hi-jack, but what club do you guys belong to? I live up in Sequim Wa. Not sure if mine will be ready in a week but I am looking for a club somewhat close to join.
By the way nice job on your LUBR. That's the way I'm headed. Thanks and back to your regularly scheduled thread.

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Here's Suzan's email:

Suzanne Sullivan Nov 14
To
Andy & Haylie Vaughn Brandon Ferschweiler Brian Wells Bruce Sexton Bronco Craig & Julie Stewart and 19 more...
Reminder - Our next club meeting will be Sunday, December 7 starting at 5:00 pm at
Leonardo's Pizzeria
16505 SE 1st Street
Vancouver, Wa
360-253-2394 - it helps them if you call and pre-order your pizza.

Like I said - it's been a LONG time since I made one of these gatherings - been too busy with the new Job, setting up our "Hobby farm", Kiddo starting school, building my shop, etc etc....lamo excuses I know(!). Anyways - would be great to see your LUBER there, I have a growing list of things to do on mine and would love to compare notes and get inspiration from what you've done!

I ended up seeing the invite on Northwest Vintage Bronco's FB page last night. I've been to one gathering last year and I would like to make this one. If all is well with the little one, I will be there.

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
My apologies for the Hi-jack, but what club do you guys belong to? I live up in Sequim Wa. Not sure if mine will be ready in a week but I am looking for a club somewhat close to join.
By the way nice job on your LUBR. That's the way I'm headed. Thanks and back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Doghouse, it's Northwest Vintage Bronco's - I joined when first moved out here from TX but haven't been able to attend recently. Good group of folks!

I just picked up an UBER (soon to become LUBER) and am looking forward to meeting up with a bunch of like minded Bronco nuts out here again.

Jaromy, Sorry for the sideline from your awesome build thread - I look forward to meeting you and your new family (congrats on that!). We had my daughter out at Katemcy Rocks when she was 10 weeks old, she loves broncos as a result (now 6.5 yrs old!) and has a huge smile on her face driving around in the '72 we just picked up (pic attached).

Joe

Attachments

• IMG_6488.jpg
    IMG_6488.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 97