• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Leaking brake fluid from banjo bolt.

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey everyone,<br> I need to ask a question for those that has cheby disk convert. I'm in finishing stage of the swap and I notice there are brake fluid leaking from the banjo bolts. I tried tighting the bolt as much as possible and that does not help. I'd tried to use a set of brass washer that came with the calipers and that does not help. Has anyone came across this problem. Any suggest would be great. <br><br>Thanks.

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
is the mating surface burr free? the brass washers should have done the trick.

OP
OP
ET

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I did not see any pits or burrs on the caliper or brake block. I'm thinking I might need to get another set of bolts and washers. I just though of something. I had custom brake lines built with a brass block that fit the banjo bolt. Do I need chevy brake line?<br><br>

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
I could be wrong but I think those washers are made of copper and the block should be of a harder material like the original steel block that goes with them . Two softs won't make it quit leaking ;D

OP
OP
ET

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Your right howie.. It only looks brass. Update. I reread all the conversion websites and my dumb ass missed the chevy brake hose. I don't know why I got some generic hose but when I switch to the chevy hose, no more leaks.