• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Southeast AL 1976 Bronco Wagon Build... Updated 3 April 2016

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
Here are a couple of pics of what I got accomplished last night. Started disassembly getting ready to start all my installs

Attachments

• IMG_20110614_201642.jpg
    IMG_20110614_201642.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20110614_201654.jpg
    IMG_20110614_201654.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20110614_211403.jpg
    IMG_20110614_211403.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20110614_211411.jpg
    IMG_20110614_211411.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 58
OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
I hope to get more accomplished this afternoon/tonight. We will have to see. It is really hot here these days...

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
heck man....I've got a 3ft. dia Heatbuster (name on fan), a 1.5ft dia fan on a stand, and a ceiling fan.

I am making some progress though....

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
Last night I pulled the distributer, pulled off the timing cover, loosened all the bolts on the intake. Was going to go ahead and pull the intake but decided to wait because I need to vacuum all the crap and dirt and stuff off of the intake before I try to remove it.

I don't want any of that stuff to get into the engine if I can help it.

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
I may have a problem with my lower intake. I will try and do some research on it today. If worst comes to worst, I will put a stock 5.0 intake on the bronco instead of the GT40 :( I'm hope I don't have any issues and can use the GT40.

66ALRIDE

Contributor
Just BIP It!
Loc.
Dothan, AL
Check with Viperwolf, he always has the answers for the fuel injection. What problem are you having though?

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
Well.....here is the possible problem.

First take a look at this web page link (fordfuelinjection.com): http://www.fordfuelinjection.com/Inject_your_horse2.pdf

After you get that page loaded, go to page 5 of 9. That is the first page about intake manifolds. In the pic of the two lower intakes, one labeled good has a threaded hole for the Air Charge Temp Sensor, the other is labeled bad and has a boss that could be drilled and tapped for the Air Charge Temp Sensor.

The lower intake that came on the explorer engine that i got, doesn't have the boss on it at all.

Here are some pics:

Attachments

• IMG_20110615_212914.jpg
    IMG_20110615_212914.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20110615_212923.jpg
    IMG_20110615_212923.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
Hey JDJ, What's that car under all the junk?

That is another project. It is a 1970 Mustang Fastback. Right now the hood is 'holding a few items" so to speak.

The body work is pretty much finished, engine installed (390 cu. in. BB), trans is installed (C6 auto), all new suspension front and rear, new exhaust, underside has been sealed, a couple of floor pans have been replaced, rear quater panels replaced, tail light section has been replaced, has new factory disc brakes up front, 9" posi rear (don't remember gear ratio).....it runs and I have driven it in the yard.

It was a project that my father and I started before I could drive. His goal was to have it finished by my 16th B'day but that didn't happen. Then dad's goal was to have it done by the time I graduated high school. About a month before I graduated, one of my dad's brothers had a massive heart attack and died. That was REALLY rough on my dad because they were so close. That put the mustang on hold.

After high school and with my uncle passing, my dad's priorities and projects changed. I went to college and got into Fox body mustangs. So the '70 sat there collecting dust. After I graduated from Auburn University 2 yrs ago, a friend of mine (Jason)and I did a little work to the car. We hung the doors, trunk lid, hood, and front fenders. Jason has restored several cars in the past and is good at getting body gaps (doors, hood, trunk, fenders) and lines to line up. He came over to the house a couple of times to help with putting on above listed parts and he said I need to order some bushings/gromments and a few other misc. parts. I ordered them, received them and have not worked on the car since due to both of our work schedules and another car that he is trying to restore for another guy. He has been traveling out of town ALOT and hasn't been able to get much stuff done.

Plus I told him I wasn't in a real big hurry on the car. Heck, this car has been in a state of restoration for the last 16 yrs or so...... I have been patient/slow with getting it finished....so what is another year or so gonna hurt?

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
Don't get me wrong, I want to finish it but I am just dragging around I guess.....

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
Here is what needs to be done to the '70 Fastback as of right now:
1. Get all gaps correct
2. Paint car
3. Install headliner, windshields (front and rear)
4. Wheels and tires
5. Drive it like I stole it ;D:cool:

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I see you have an A9P and RJM harness. What are your plans for injectors and MAF? Those explorer parts won't work well with the A9P.

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
I have a mass air meter off of a fox body mustang. I also have 19lb injectors from a fox body mustang that I plan on using

beaux312

Loc.
Hartford, AL
Well.....here is the possible problem.

First take a look at this web page link (fordfuelinjection.com): http://www.fordfuelinjection.com/Inject_your_horse2.pdf

After you get that page loaded, go to page 5 of 9. That is the first page about intake manifolds. In the pic of the two lower intakes, one labeled good has a threaded hole for the Air Charge Temp Sensor, the other is labeled bad and has a boss that could be drilled and tapped for the Air Charge Temp Sensor.

The lower intake that came on the explorer engine that i got, doesn't have the boss on it at all.

Here are some pics:

Hey I moved my ACT to the intake tube. Just lengthen the wires wont hurt a thing.

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
I was suprised at how clean the valley of the bronco motor is. I don't know how long that engine has been in my bronco but it looked like it had just been put together.

Attachments

• IMG_20110616_181616.jpg
    IMG_20110616_181616.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 73
Last edited: