• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Name Build Thread: from "Obscure Machine" to "Bayou Hazard"

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Gloves are for little girls, snowflakes, and dumb guys who just took them off and forgot to put them back on! :p ;) ;D

and who needs a guard on their grinder? Those things just get in the way! lol (I took mine off too!)

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Don't think a glove would have help:D

CAM01177.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

OP
OP
ObscureMachine

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
1. Bed floor just arrived!
2. Sanded inner rockers, cleaned and painted
3. Sanded and ground frame section down to bare metal then cleaned primed and painted (yes, I'm doing the frame in sections as I get to it because I'm not doing a frame off)
4. Ground/sanded down mating surfaces for welding
5. Ran out of cutting discs for my grinder
6. Ordered some FJ Cruiser side mirrors (don't judge!)
7. Ordered some parts from CJ Pony since they're having a sale, including 2 Scott Drake Fire Extinguisher Mounts

Attachments

• IMG-4248.jpg
    IMG-4248.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG-4249.jpg
    IMG-4249.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 29

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
Lookin' good except for the finger. At least you have safety glasses on....more fingers than eyes.

OP
OP
ObscureMachine

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
First Weld! I cut a rusted piece out of the driver's side support, and spliced in a piece.

FIRST WELD ON THE BRONCO!
FIRST WELD USING MY WELDER!
WELDER NOT DIALED IN PROPERLY!
FIRST NON-PRACTICE WELD!

Yes! It's ugly, but it's solid and a grinder does wonders for appearance! ;D

Attachments

• IMG-4254.jpg
    IMG-4254.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 76

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
First Weld! I cut a rusted piece out of the driver's side support, and spliced in a piece.

FIRST WELD ON THE BRONCO!
FIRST WELD USING MY WELDER!
WELDER NOT DIALED IN PROPERLY!
FIRST NON-PRACTICE WELD!

Yes! It's ugly, but it's solid and a grinder does wonders for appearance! ;D

Looks.... "Obscure" to me... :) ;D

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
best practice is to take two pieces of sheet metal over lap them by 2-3" aNd tack on both ends. Then use a 1/4" drill and put as many holes in that overlapped section. Then practice away filling them. key is to make sure back side is melted too and you cant see the outline of the circle from the drill....

OP
OP
ObscureMachine

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
best practice is to take two pieces of sheet metal over lap them by 2-3" aNd tack on both ends. Then use a 1/4" drill and put as many holes in that overlapped section. Then practice away filling them. key is to make sure back side is melted too and you cant see the outline of the circle from the drill....

Yep. That's what I've been doing. I just for fun decided to start out on this little filler piece. I probably should have practiced and tuned in the welder more, but I couldn't help myself!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Yep. That's what I've been doing. I just for fun decided to start out on this little filler piece. I probably should have practiced and tuned in the welder more, but I couldn't help myself!

practice makes perfect big guy...

OP
OP
ObscureMachine

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
  • Cut more of the front of the bed, which was just cut at the brace, so that I can get the upper seat platform seated right. After floor pans I'll pull the bed floor, wheel wells and gas tank filler tube extension pieces. Will definitely run braces across the top of the bed walls.
  • Got more stuff delivered:
  • Racing lap belt for when I have to drive it with one seat and no roll bar while finishing the tub and getting it Line-X'd.
  • Also Got Humvee seatbelts for when the seats finally go in permanently.
  • bought 3 Scott Drake Fire Extinguisher Mounts for extra safety.
  • Started Installing LED exterior turn signals, markers and tail lights.