• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Coyote Engine - Parts List and Info For Install

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The passenger Side Inner Fender will need to be modified. You will need about 1-2 inches additional width.

Cut inner fender, then install back on itself. - Thanks Jason

Attachments

• && Bronco - Coyote Fender Mod.jpg
    && Bronco - Coyote Fender Mod.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 667
  • 77 Bronco - Coyote Feder Mod 2.jpg
    77 Bronco - Coyote Feder Mod 2.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 643
  • 77 Bronco - Coyote Fender Mod 3.jpg
    77 Bronco - Coyote Fender Mod 3.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 628

Nickm1024cobra

Loc.
Chicago Burbs
Nickm1024cobra - Perfect, f150 Coyote install info will need to be added as well. Any updates from mock-up?

STalon89 - There are a lot of issues to overcome with engine and transmission swaps. You are correct the Coyote is a W I D E motor. First I have heard that passenger side inner fender will have to me modified.

Any other additional parts specific to the Coyote install will be added to post #1.

I have a build thread going if you look up my name. Dropped the coyote in over the weekend. Next issue will be mating 6r80 to dana 20. After that swapping the timing cover.

Nickm1024cobra

Loc.
Chicago Burbs
F150 Coyotes are readily available as well. And at a lower price. Will a 2015-2017 F150 motor work with a 2015-2017 Mustang manual harness and Control Pack? Assuming you are not going with the 6R80.

Any additional info helps.

Read very closely on franks website. Power by the hour. They are very specific on what will work together. More vendors will appear in next 6 months, but PBH has been doing this for a while.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nickm1024cobra - Nice work so far on your Coyote install.

What motor mounts did you use?

How much Body Lift?

What Serpentine are you going with? No problems clearing the Bronco frame?

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This arrived today. 2016 Coyote with less than 20k Miles.

I'll install mostly BC parts for my Coyote conversion and Modify the Inner Fenders. i'll also try to get away with just a 1" Body lift. i'll keep you posted.

Attachments

• 77 Bronco - Coyote.jpg
    77 Bronco - Coyote.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 415

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
This arrived today. 2016 Coyote with less than 20k Miles.

I'll install mostly BC parts for my Coyote conversion and Modify the Inner Fenders. i'll also try to get away with just a 1" Body lift. i'll keep you posted.

What transmission you planning on running?

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'll install the 4R70W. I don't need a double overdrive transmission (6R80) in a Bronco.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The front of the Block was stripped of parts not needed for the BC Serpentine.

The BC Motor Mounts were very straight forward to install with NO issues.

The Angled Oil Filter Adaptor came with all the required O-Rings and will be a lot smaller and tighter to the frame than original.

Next is to remove the original Drive Train, Modify the Passenger Side Inner Fender and drop the Coyote in.

Remaining Coyote Specific Parts To Mock-Up Include - Engine Control Pack, Headers and BC Serpentine System,

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
American180 - That's what Post #23 shows. Great idea. The cut part of the Inner fender is layed back over and bolted in place.

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I see ICON makes it so you can unbolt the inner panel on each side. He does it so you have access to the exhaust manifolds if needed.

I can't imagine working on a coyote motor in a bronco:) Hopefully they are rock solid for a long time.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Once mine is all said and done I will post the Total Cost for the Coyote Install compared to a nice 351w, assuming Transmission, Gears and other options are the same.

Depending on what Engine you start out with will make a great difference. I found a Complete 2016 Coyote with less than 20K miles delivered to my door for 5K. That is a big difference compared to a Crate Coyote which needs A Lot of other things added to be complete.

STalon89

What gears are you going to run? Your rear axle shafts still 28 spline?