• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Fan from WH

OP
OP
savage

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
Well decided to make my own radiator air dam, to help channel the air to the new fan. Not pretty ;D but works well.

Attachments

• DSCN1469.jpg
    DSCN1469.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 61
  • DSCN1471.jpg
    DSCN1471.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCN1470.jpg
    DSCN1470.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 56
OP
OP
savage

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
(update) Well my wife took the Bronco out today, and the Bronco preformed excellent in 90 degree weather in strop and go traffic. It ran between 180 to 195 with a trans cooler in front of the radiator. I think the new fan and air dams that I made worked great together.

Attachments

• DSCN1427.jpg
    DSCN1427.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCN1469.jpg
    DSCN1469.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 30

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Great news!
Did you happen to drive it with just the new air dam and the old fan while you were at it?

Paul

OP
OP
savage

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
Great news!
Did you happen to drive it with just the new air dam and the old fan while you were at it?

Paul
No, when I switched to the new fan, it was a pretty good drop in temps,when stuck in traffic.I have been watching some threads here about over heating, and someone suggested a airdam, so I figured I try it for kicks and I was surprised how well it works for my Bronco.

nirvana

Contributor
Loc.
PNW
Great thread. Thanks for sharing, As I am on the cusp of diving into this overheating arena.
Today I await arrival of a plethora of new cooling parts. Cheepy radiator, high flow thermostat, Flowcooler, and a smaller diameter pulley.
Now I may consider using your fan and air dam tricks as well. :cool: