• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What new or different would you like to see for the Bronco from aftermarket?

uncletom

Loc.
Mass City
30 some years ago when I started working on my Bronco a friend gave me a horn that was supposed to "Whinnie" like a horse. I couldn't get it to work and never could find another. I don't want one of those that has 15 different sounds. Just one that "whinnies"!

slim811

Contributor
X2 on the horn the whinnies like a horse. At least one that goes "Wilbur" of course, of course.

Eoth

Bronco Guru
Whinnie horns were a Mustang option in the early 60's. They make reproduction but I understand that they sound terrible.

jlylec

Hell I'd be happy with a horn that just sounds like a strong, new truck horn. The new stock replacement horn I have sounds weak and awful.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
A keyed line lock. brakelock.com used to make em but the guy passed away and his wife discontinued production. It's basically a line lock that operates off a circle key on the dash or wherever you want to put it. I put one on my 72 and it works great for security since mine's always topless. Wish I could get a couple more. The guy @ tsm knows more about em but he was a vendor not the maker.

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
A convertable top based on the wrangler top but resized for a EB

For the last ten years the wrangler tops are a breeze to raise and lower

jbass

Realistic shipping and handling that is the same if you call or order on the internet. I was told by the vender that the original cost for shipping on my order $350 order was going to be $83 and the guy knocked it down to $51 "to help me out" I get home that evening and add everything to my cart and the shipping was $38.
I took the package when I received it to the UPS store. It would cost me $28 to ship the package to the vendor from my house.

Norm836

Dennis Carpenter is nearly finished with the original style front floor mat that has the Bronco logo in it.
Should be available in a few months.

cams-76

grey armrests for the front doors and back seat. i cant seem to find them anywhere.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Realistic shipping and handling that is the same if you call or order on the internet. I was told by the vender that the original cost for shipping on my order $350 order was going to be $83 and the guy knocked it down to $51 "to help me out" I get home that evening and add everything to my cart and the shipping was $38.
I took the package when I received it to the UPS store. It would cost me $28 to ship the package to the vendor from my house.

This is a tough one, I agree, but from a venders standpoint (and I've worked at a couple warehouse style shops, including a major Bronco parts place), they need to make money on the shipping because they hire a guy to pack it all...plus, they buy the boxes, packing material, etc. Anyway, they have all sorts of cost beyond the actual shipping of the parts. I agree..it sucks. One vendor I use, and try to use as much as possible, ships parts in reused boxes, which I think is great, and based on their shipping rates, I believe that value goes in our favor heavily...the other company I use a lot has a staple gun that makes the box a one-time use item....so I can't reuse their box to ship you a part I can't use at a great price!

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hell I'd be happy with a horn that just sounds like a strong, new truck horn. The new stock replacement horn I have sounds weak and awful.

X2, I would love one that sounds like my Super Duty's Horn.

69_Sport

Arm rests for the factory rear seat

Proper vinyl over foam reproductions of the factory rear seat armrests.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
LED headlights with heated lenses, there are at least three Jeep parts/accessory vendors that sell them, they are 7" round lights which plug into standard connections for headlights.
Heated lenses melt snow and ice off the normally cool fronts of LED headlights.
Truck-Lite makes them but they don't sell direct.
It irritates me to need to pretend to own a Jeep to wade through their websites to find them.

+1 on the CD of part numbers, maybe enlist the help of a guy that posts on some of the Ford truck forums by the username NumberDummy, if he doesn't know it Ford didn't make or use it.

+1 on the keyed brake-lock, I remember them, sad to see they are out of production. Either that or I need a Rottweiler :cool:

A thicker steel inspection plate for the Dana 20, maybe with counterbored bolt holes.

Last edited: