• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hydroboost bracket

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Glad it worked out for you swmrdrn , I think you went from an angled bracket
to this one if I remember right.
Ahh so you are on here! Thanks for the help on eBay. You can put your eBay username on your profile so it shows up in all your posts. Like mine does on the left

The hydroboost I bought came with an angled firewall bracket that either raised or lowered the booster too much. He cut the angle out of the bracket and now it comes straight out of the firewall.

In the last picture you can see my firewall without the new grey bracket I bought from you. Not sure I even need the grey bracket but my builder said I do and said I need to keep the bracket that he modified as well. The 90° clocking bracket you just shipped should fix the orientation. So I'll have 4 brackets? lol

Attachments

• Attach34511_20181129_195302.jpg
    Attach34511_20181129_195302.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 97
  • Attach34569_20181130_104945.jpg
    Attach34569_20181130_104945.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 87
  • Attach34580_20181130_112921.jpg
    Attach34580_20181130_112921.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 92
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 83

catfan

Contributor
Ahh so you are on here! Thanks for the help on eBay. You can put your eBay username on your profile so it shows up in all your posts. Like mine does on the left

The hydroboost I bought came with an angled firewall bracket that either raised or lowered the booster too much. He cut the angle out of the bracket and now it comes straight out of the firewall.

In the last picture you can see my firewall without the new grey bracket I bought from you. Not sure I even need the grey bracket but my builder said I do and said I need to keep the bracket that he modified as well. The 90° clocking bracket you just shipped should fix the orientation. So I'll have 4 brackets? lol
I'm not sure you needed the gray bracket either but you do need the clocking bracket.You will need to remove the studs in the hydroboost and use shorter bolts so the m/c won't hit them. If you need more bolts than I sent let me know.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
He wound up welding studs into the firewall so all I need are nuts on the booster side. He thinks I may need a different master cylinder as the center is shallow and the bolt on the booster is too long.

Attachments

• 20181206_150619.jpg
    20181206_150619.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 56

catfan

Contributor
He wound up welding studs into the firewall so all I need are nuts on the booster side. He thinks I may need a different master cylinder as the center is shallow and the bolt on the booster is too long.

You mean the rod from the booster to the m/c, you can cut it down.

JB Fab

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
FYI, if anyone needs one PM me.
$60 + shipping
You can see where I cut one of the corners off to make room, but it would not work with my set-up due to the tall-deck block and the turbo

It was ordered un-painted
Jon

SOLD

Attachments

• IMG_9196.jpg
    IMG_9196.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_9198.jpg
    IMG_9198.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Casey835

Hey catfan, would using washers behind the bracket as spacers be an acceptable alternative to grinding down that lip that is protruding from the firewall?

Last edited:

EricLar80

Bronco Guru
Hey catfan, would using washers behind the bracket as spacers be an acceptable alternative to grinding down that lip that is protruding from the firewall?

It would work fine, but it wouldn't look great. Maybe an aluminum plate that is painted to match and fill the gap?

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
It would work fine, but it wouldn't look great. Maybe an aluminum plate that is painted to match and fill the gap?

Somebody here recently did that here on CB so they wouldn't have to grind down the ridge.
Can't remember who, sorry....

catfan

Contributor

Just bolting it on over the lip would be better than washers, it grinds off rather easily so that's what I would do..

shill37

Why not use a grinder or cut-off wheel and cut a line/slot down the bracket so it would fit over the lip? I have that bracket and plan on doing that.

shill37

So cut the bracket in half?

No. Just put a line/score down the back of the bracket so it fits over the lip. The line/score/cut would only need to be about 1/4" deep. It would be just a vertical line down the back of the bracket, top to bottom about 1/4" deep.

EricLar80

Bronco Guru
No. Just put a line/score down the back of the bracket so it fits over the lip. The line/score/cut would only need to be about 1/4" deep. It would be just a vertical line down the back of the bracket, top to bottom about 1/4" deep.

I think the booster bracket is only 3/16” thick... or at least the ones I have seen are.

catfan

Contributor

The lip is easily ground off and really does no damage to the Bronco so why not just grind it off?

shill37

They are 11 gauge so the cut would be all the way through.

Yes, the cut would go through the back portion of the bracket but only 1/4" or so deep. It would in no way cut the bracket in half. It would only put a slot in it from top to bottom so the lip could fit in it.

shill37

The lip is easily ground off and really does no damage to the Bronco so why not just grind it off?

If I or someone after me did want hydro boost any more, the portion of the missing lip might look funny. I don't like cutting the body if I don't have to. To put a line/cut in the bracket now is easier then fixing the bronco body later. It was just a suggestion I see that doesn't have any drawbacks and is easy to do.

catfan

Contributor
If I or someone after me did want hydro boost any more, the portion of the missing lip might look funny. I don't like cutting the body if I don't have to. To put a line/cut in the bracket now is easier then fixing the bronco body later. It was just a suggestion I see that doesn't have any drawbacks and is easy to do.

That shouldn't weaken the bracket any so that will work.

AZ69EB

This is a shout-out to Catfan. I wanted to say thank you for supporting the Bronco community and helping us make our Bronco’s safer.

I won one of your brackets two years ago at the Arizona Bronco Stampede! Again, thank you for supporting our Bronco Club.