• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Non-Highway tires

duderhimer

Loc.
Wichita
Well, I did a little digging and couldn't find anyone silly enough to mount a tractor type of tire on their EB, I'm sure it's been done but looking for someone that's figured out the best configuration.

What I'm wanting to do is buy dedicated set of rims and a set of tractor style tires for off road only, lets call it a poor mans UAV. I already have the 1974 Bronco, I'm looking to make it a go out in the woods or a muddy field to pick up my 200 lbs deer so I don't have to drag it several thousand yards, I'm getting older and more out of shape, I just drug one several hundred yards and don't want to do it again.

Prefer a skinny tire, good chance I'll be in deep snow plus I'm in the process of moving to a larger piece of land.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Geniusloerts

Your best bet is going to be in a 16” variety

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Something about like the front tires on my Kubota L245DT, fronts. Tractor tires about the same size as a regular truck tire. Expect the offroad traction to break parts.

gnpenning

Contributor
Bronco Slave
Loc.
I have more questions than answers.
I have some equipment with both 16" and 18" lug tires.

Learning how to quarter your game in the feild will be a game changer. You don't even have to gut the animal. You can buy one of the plastic sleds that roll up small. Drill some holes down the sides, add some cord and a harness and walk out with your gun in your hand. Or use a back pack, single or double wheel cart. Anyone that hunts with me knows I'll have no part of taking out animals whole.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Something about like the front tires on my Kubota L245DT, fronts. Tractor tires about the same size as a regular truck tire. Expect the offroad traction to break parts.

That was my thought. Tractor type tires might require tractor type axles or more so drivetrain

Hazegray

I don't drag deer anymore....just quarter them in the field and pack out :)

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru

Attachments

• 1976 Bronco pics 002.jpg
    1976 Bronco pics 002.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 154
  • Me and Kevin Dec 2010 Tellico 009.jpg
    Me and Kevin Dec 2010 Tellico 009.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 140
  • Me and Kevin Dec 2010 Tellico 013.jpg
    Me and Kevin Dec 2010 Tellico 013.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 132
  • Me and Kevin Dec 2010 Tellico 011.jpg
    Me and Kevin Dec 2010 Tellico 011.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 121
  • Me and Kevin Dec 2010 Tellico 024.jpg
    Me and Kevin Dec 2010 Tellico 024.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 144

kylakekevin

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Those are some of the best Off road tires ever made!!! Back in the day I had them on my 300 honda four wheeler and my hunting truck, you couldn't stop them untill the frame was setting on the ground and tires spinning in the air. Wish they made some different sizes now.

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
Check out the Ground Hawg tires. I ran them a lot when I lived in Michigan. They have tread a lot like a tractor and get around real good. Ken

Attachments

• tire.jpg
    tire.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 30

crankman

Ive run the Gateway Buckshot mudder P78-16 on my bronco. There dang near a tractor tire. They disappeared for a while but have come back in a 15 and 16 '' size. They will dig and keep on digging through ruts, skidder trails, snow. Ive used them and ride rough on pavement and like to wander a bit to. But there the ticket when you turn off the paved road into the mud.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
There are several different agressive offroad tires that will do what you want tall and skinny is usually the key. Another option is tire chains they work pretty good in the mud. 16in wheels may be the way to go as there is always the old traction lug tire that work real good in mud and you can hit the hiway with them.

Just be careful on how tall you go make sure you have the power to spin them as usually you need some tire speed to clean out the lugs this even applys to tractor type tires.

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
Are you talking AG tires?
449911d1245598790-97-dakota-ton-fun-bronco-003.jpg

399strokerEB

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wasilla, AK
What size tire are you currently running? The new tsl sx ll comes in some tall and skinny sizes. I'm running the 37 X12X15

Attachments

• IMAG5430.jpg
    IMAG5430.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 68
OP
OP
D

duderhimer

Loc.
Wichita
Awesome help guys, I love this forum, always get what I'm looking for. Well you talked me into a real aggressive set of mud tires. This way I can still jump on the highway when necessary to get to the next hunting spot so we can use it to get someone else's deer out if we want. Thanks again.

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sweet ride, this may be the route I take, go with the 16's also, thanks brother

I like them for what they are designed for, not the tire you want for a DD but you cant beat them for a off road tire here in the SE

edones06

I have a set of 16.1L16 ag tires for mine there around 38” tall and fit a 16” wheel