• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Other 76 bronco orange 5.0 - SCAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Addict

Loc.
Matthews, NC
This was mine

This is a scam 100%. This was my Bronco that I rebuilt. I put it on craigslist and Ebay. While it was listed, my next door neighbor bought it. Trust me it didn't go for $4000.
People that do this to STEAL money from people will get what is coming to them eventually with an express ticket to HELL!

OP
OP
xfalcon

xfalcon

I flag each one I see, hopefully this guy will tire of his Game.

hucklburry rev2

When it popped up on St Louis craigslist, I googled the phone #. When you see the search results with postings for the same bronco in other states, you know its bogus. The scammers use the same posting title alot too, you can use it to search and see other ads via google.

Just one way to not waste your time.

ren71

What's sad is these scams work.
There's a lot of people that can't recognize a deal that's too good to be true.

I wonder how many kids looking for their first car, or wives looking for a present for their husbands etc. fall prey.

It's amazing how many people I personally know who aren't aware of these ubiquitous scams.

BFT

I've been looking at buying a Bronco for a little while now and have scanned CL in every major city that I have relatives in... guess what showed up for $4000-$8000 in almost every city?

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
What's sad is these scams work.
There's a lot of people that can't recognize a deal that's too good to be true.

I wonder how many kids looking for their first car, or wives looking for a present for their husbands etc. fall prey.

It's amazing how many people I personally know who aren't aware of these ubiquitous scams.

Who would be stupid enough to fall for this?

It's obvious from the grammar that it's a Nigerian

Besides. When they tell you where it is located. You just say "great. My brother is about 5 miles away. He can look at it tomorrow "
They just hang up right then

enthusiast1977

granted this is not on the same money scale but I was actually sucked into a scam. I am very diligent in keeping records and pictures of every move I make when I buy things online sight unseen. that is the only reason I got my money back!

I thought I was buying a beretta 686 silver pigeon II in 28 g for $1500. a couple hundred below retail so a decent deal. I spoke to the guy and was doing a dealer to dealer transfer from Georgia to IL. I spoke to his dealer and he confirmed that he had spoken to the guy as well. I sent half the cash and said I would send the other half after inspection. communication was good and I sent the postal money order fedex. I tracked it and made sure I knew when and who signed for it. I even google earth'd the address. as soon as it had been delivered and signed for I call the guy. No answer! different last name than what I was told his last name was. first red flag. I sent him a text and made sure he knew he was going to be in federal waters if he defrauds on a postal money order. No text back! waited the night then connected the dealer to see if he heard from the guy. nope! I got the local Police in GA involved. they went to the address. boarded up house! long story short the guy that signed for the package was a middle man that thought he was collecting money for some "chick" he met online for her window treatment business! luckily I wrote in the memo of the P. M. O. it was for a shotgun. I actually got my money order back and they tracked the "chick" overseas. they go deep and they get elaborate. I have bought and sold over 30 guns online and this was the only issue I ever had. just remember anyone even the most careful people. I got duped then I got lucky!

moral of my post "never think you are being to careful because it is your money".

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
Just remember guys, if you are going to do a transaction online use escrow.com, it's worth the fees to ensure that it's legit. If a person will not agree to escrow.com then bail.

On a side note, I love to mess with these guys, I like to tell them that I just robbed a bank, especially if a robbery has just went down somewhere, I will tell them that is where I am from but that I need a car on the low down to bug out with, that I actually don't need it registered or transfered to me, but that I can meet someone and give them cash and then pick up the car from another location later. It's amazing what these dumb asses will fall for themselves if they think they have someone on the hook.

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
The Ebay is holding it for shipping is an old scam. When that say oh it's over at XYZ town for shipping, I always say oh great I am actually going to XYZ in 2 days. They then give you a song and dance about it's packed up and you cant go see it. I then tell them oh don't worry my buddy is a VP at ebay I can call him and he can get me in. I then usually email them back a few hours later and say oh man I think you have a problem, ebay has no records of the truck at that facility I think they lost your truck. I tell them that I informed my ebay buddy and that he called the local pd to investigate it because there has been a rash of stolen vehicles around that area, so they should be emailing them soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.