• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

KY Finally pulling the trigger on my first bronco..

MattyB

Hey guys, I'm new to the site but just wanted to get some feedback on this 75 that I am supposed to be picking up this week.

Http://carbondale.craigslist.org/cto/4690356244.html

It's got some issues but I'm hoping that of them are relatively easier fixed with the help of my father in law. This was about all the money I have to spend as this is my second car/fall and winter project that I hope turns into my daily driver very soon.
Any thoughts or input would be greatly appreciated.
I'm pretty excited!

slim811

Contributor
Hey Matty Welcome! Looks like a descent Bronco for the price. Take it from a guy who bought 3 cheaper ones and never got them on the road, ended up with a lot of parts. Up until 3 am I would be pumped up too knowing I had a chance to get a bronco. If You can snap a Pic of the VIN plate inside the glove box and You can find out more about the color, axle ratio, etc. Might want to look at frame on both sides of the rear tank common place for rusting out. Hard to tell if there is a skid plate on rear tank so at least ask the owner if any issues. Good Luck!

Airmapper

Foolproofness Tester
Loc.
Bowling Green, KY
Hello and welcome. Looks like a nice Bronco, although I'm sure it has at least some Bronco typical issues, and it sounds like you may be aware of some of them already.

Good luck. Wish I had bought one nicer than I did, sucks having to work really hard building it back, looks like you may be getting a pretty clean one. Just be sure and thoroughly check it for rust, and check again, and once more to be sure. Rust is hard to fix without tearing into stuff that snowballs really fast.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Welcome Matty & Congrats. Hope you made a good 'cash" offer ;)

Travel safe

SSGWood

Loc.
Elizabethtown
Welcome! I am just down the road from you in Etown. I just got my hands on my first. (Needs lots of work) You look to be starting off with a little nicer ride than I. I have a hood I may be parting once I get it road ready and then glass body slapped on (not any time soon...) It is about the only thing on my truck that hasn't been consumed in rust.

There are a few more KY boys on here too...

Did you make the purchase?

Regards,
Dennis

broncosam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Matty, while I am Bronco-less at this time I've been a member here for several years. If I can help with anything let me know. I'm in Valley Station.

SSGWood

Loc.
Elizabethtown
Hey Matty, while I am Bronco-less at this time I've been a member here for several years. If I can help with anything let me know. I'm in Valley Station.
Sam! I am stateside and in Etown now. I am going to have to pick your brain as soon as the wife let's me quit working on the house and get hands on the bronco. I think I have master Cylinder issues...