• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco died...Mean Green starter caught on fire!!

OP
OP
Knaff

Knaff

Loc.
Salem, OR
Update.

Repair shop pulled the head and revealed that the #1 piston hit the exhaust valve and broke the ring land (I may have those words messed up). Inside of motor looks brand new, no carbon build up at all but still digging to see what else may be wrong. Meanwhile the engine builder has officially gone dark on me and the repair shop. My first point of contact who was super helpful on the buying side will not answer or return my calls or text messages. I'm in sales as well and it has been made clear to me that this guy wants to stay as far away from this as he can. Not the kind of sales activity that is conducive to a lasting career in this field.......

The inside tech/warranty guy who I did have a decent conversation with two weeks has since gone dark as well. I'm not completely giving up hope that I'm left holding the bag but yes I am kicking myself that I didn't inquire with like minded folks about who to go to get a good engine built. A very expensive lesson learned.