• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

question for moderators

Joker11

Loc.
Yuma, Arizona
I know how tedious it is to be a moderator. I did so on another forum. My question is in regards to all of the sold classified ads and free ads. Can moderators please delete the sold ads? If needed, I will moderate for that purpose.

Thanks

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Well people should be marking their items as "SOLD" which then locks the thread and let's it fall to the back pages. But I know that rarely happens, especially when people post eBay or Craigslist ads that aren't even theirs.

I'll take a look and clean things up a bit. Thanks!

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
The CL and ebay ads I can see being deleted after a certain amount of time, but the actual member parts listings come in very handy when trying to get a reference on the value of an item you are looking to buy or sell. Just a thought.

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built
I agree with broncodriver99. Locked is better than deleted so it can be used for reference purposes.

OP
OP
Joker11

Joker11

Loc.
Yuma, Arizona
Ok. If people mark the item sold, fine. But they don't.
At least then you could filter out or filter in the sold items when looking in the for sale section just like we can filter by state. I love that feature.

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
I want to be a moderator too. I may appear stern at first but the cleansing purge will be for the benefit of all (except the purge victims of course, duh). And I want paid too, good help doesn't come cheap;)

u10072

Bronco Guru
just dont let this forum turn into literally all the other forums with a serious group of assholes running the show. Guys on here buy and sell parts all the time -- if you are asking about something that has been posted from 6 months ago then thats a little crazy if you ask me. Also is it really that hard to just PM a member and ask them if the part is still for sale? The part where if you ask a question and it gets moved here and there like on other forums is just simply non-sense! I am more well versed in the EB than probably a majority of people on this list but I still have questions that I know are pretty basic. Its nice to be able to ask a question and be able to have someone post a reply and not have some idiot mod move the post or another member saying to search endlessly. The "looseness" of this forum is really what makes it great. You absolutely dont want it turning into pirate or fullsizebronco as those can be just terrible -- and its due to the moderators or the members turning into the posting nazis!