• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD 1973 Stroppe Baja Bronco project

Status
Not open for further replies.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
1973 Stroppe Baja Bronco in a pretty convincing disquise. However, it's a solid original Baja Bronco with original frame, axles, t-case, body parts and all Phase I Stroppe parts present: Rollbar, dual shocks, bumper braces, steering wheel, rear flares (original Stroppe fiberglass), 15x8 US Indy Mag wheels (again, not aftermarket or replacement but the ORIGINAL 73 Baja mags), trailer hitch and there's a middle seat included too. Wheels and rollbar are included but not currently on it. Frame is solid and no rot, floors have rust, but posts latch and hinge are solid, as are engine corners and firewall area. Some rust in rear floor around wheel wells, but crossmembers are good. Probably the worst is someone welded up a hardtop to look like a halfcab and welded in a flat floor on top of the existing ribbed floor. I dont have a hardtop with it. It was found by a dealer and I saved it, and procured the wheels and rollbar for it. Someones swapped out the C4 (Ford adapted for 73, not the STROPPE lettered found in the 71-2), but also included is a core trans and adapter. Great project as most of these are only offered these days in the 90-120k range. Take your time and make this your worthwhile project. Clear title and current CA reg in my name. Both Vin tags original and present, frame numbers both legible. Not restored and is a project - lot drives. 38000.00 including the parts I've sourced and Elite Marti Report. SOld new at Hull-dobbs Ford in Memphis. Rare to see them sold that far from Long Beach! 408 515 5615

Attachments

• IMG_2036.jpg
    IMG_2036.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 426
  • IMG_2001.jpg
    IMG_2001.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_1978.jpg
    IMG_1978.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_2003.jpg
    IMG_2003.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 383
  • IMG_2005.jpg
    IMG_2005.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 305

Attac

Contributor
Andrew,
School me a little here. Why does the vin tag say auto but the top of the marti say 3 speed and i see the 3 speed on floor is present in the pics.
Trying to learn a little
Chuck

OP
OP
BajaBronco

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Andrew,
School me a little here. Why does the vin tag say auto but the top of the marti say 3 speed and i see the 3 speed on floor is present in the pics.
Trying to learn a little
Chuck

Chuck, man,... thats a damn good question. Why the heck would Marti put that in there. Only he knows, so I'm going to officially direct this question to him. Trans code on the trim tag says G, and thats correct for Automatic in '73, so his report must be in error or irrelevent info regarding 3speed trans whereas supposed to be auto trans.

There's a 3speed in it on the floor now, but the never-out Auto trans column is still in place..... so I will inlcude a core or rebuilt Auto trans with purchase.

Andrew

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Chuck, man,... thats a damn good question. Why the heck would Marti put that in there. Only he knows, so I'm going to officially direct this question to him. Trans code on the trim tag says G, and thats correct for Automatic in '73, so his report must be in error or irrelevent info regarding 3speed trans whereas supposed to be auto trans.

There's a 3speed in it on the floor now, but the never-out Auto trans column is still in place..... so I will inlcude a core or rebuilt Auto trans with purchase.

Andrew

I've questioned them a couple of times on the phone, their reply has been "we only forward on the info that Ford documented, so if Ford documented the information incorrectly, it will be incorrect on your report". :)

Attac

Contributor

Andrew

Thanks Andrew,
I don't know a lot about stroppe's so I didn't know if it was some sort of thing that was just unique to the marti on them since they had the special c4.
That is a very good deal on this piece of history. Wish I could get it and bring it back to origional.
One day I will get one!!!
Chuck

OP
OP
BajaBronco

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks Andrew,
I don't know a lot about stroppe's so I didn't know if it was some sort of thing that was just unique to the marti on them since they had the special c4.
That is a very good deal on this piece of history. Wish I could get it and bring it back to origional.
One day I will get one!!!
Chuck

10-4, yeah, the 73-75 Bajas had the normal Ford C4 , but prior to that all bajas left Ford with a 3speed, and so that WOULD Be normal for a Marti. Yeah, this one has lots of potential - been on the phone alot today!

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Andrew, there were at least 3 in north Ms. In the 70's. Think I've mentioned before the one that someone had already installed a half cab on and was rolled. It sold in at a ins. Auction and lost track of it.

Set of 16 year old twins owned it and they really did not know what they had. I'm in the process of trying to contact them to see if they have any pictures from back then.

GLWS and another great find. Someone needs to bring it back to glory:cool:

OP
OP
BajaBronco

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Let me know what you find Halfcab

So, there's a deal pending on this one.... Will lock thread when it's a done deal.

OP
OP
BajaBronco

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for the interest, my friends. This unit has been sold to a very happy new Baja Bronco owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.