• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

**Will Build Thread**

McLeod

Great job Will!
You've come along ways.

I had not seen this thread or your progress in 2018 and boy does it look nice!

Is that Arcadian blue?

Edit:
Nevermind.
Went back a few pages and I see it is Sky blue.
Edit II:
You did go Arcadian blue....haha;)

OP
OP
Smedley

Smedley

Loc.
Snohomish
Great job Will!
You've come along ways.

I had not seen this thread or your progress in 2018 and boy does it look nice!

Is that Arcadian blue?

Edit:
Nevermind.
Went back a few pages and I see it is Sky blue.
Edit II:
You did go Arcadian blue....haha;)

You had it right. It is Arcadian Blue. I changed my mind.

Thanks,
Will

OP
OP
Smedley

Smedley

Loc.
Snohomish
On the road

It's on the road. Still need to work out a few issues, but I drove it all around town today. 7+ years. Complete frame off. Every nut and bolt touched. Most of the mechanical work was done by me (with the help of some friends). Actually most of the work was done twice, as I did a lot of things wrong the first time. Body work was done at a body shop.
Major improvements -
FiTech 400hp with FCC2
Power steering
Power Brakes, disc front (D30)
1" BL
Centech wiring harness
1 wire 100 amp Tuff Stuff alternator
Brand new stock suspension
All rust removed, new door pillars and post, rocker, floor pans, rear wheel wells, kick panels, and inner fender skirts.
30x9.50r15 BFGs
Kept the 3 on the tree.

Plenty of little things to wrap up. To include chasing down a wiring issue. I keep blowing a fuse when touching brake pedal, using hazards, and turn signals. But I took it out for a ride today and it drove great.

Will

Attachments

• IMG_3428.jpg
    IMG_3428.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_3429.jpg
    IMG_3429.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3431.jpg
    IMG_3431.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_3434.jpg
    IMG_3434.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_3435.jpg
    IMG_3435.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3437.jpg
    IMG_3437.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_3438.jpg
    IMG_3438.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3439.jpg
    IMG_3439.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3441.jpg
    IMG_3441.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3442.jpg
    IMG_3442.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3443.jpg
    IMG_3443.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 64

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Proud of you! Came out amazing!! Drive the wheels off now buddy!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Great shots Will.. Always will be some little thing to work out right.

You'll definitely be having a blast riding around in that sweet ride

It's on the road. Still need to work out a few issues, but I drove it all around town today. 7+ years. Complete frame off. Every nut and bolt touched. Most of the mechanical work was done by me (with the help of some friends). Actually most of the work was done twice, as I did a lot of things wrong the first time. Body work was done at a body shop.
Major improvements -
FiTech 400hp with FCC2
Power steering
Power Brakes, disc front (D30)
1" BL
Centech wiring harness
1 wire 100 amp Tuff Stuff alternator
Brand new stock suspension
All rust removed, new door pillars and post, rocker, floor pans, rear wheel wells, kick panels, and inner fender skirts.
30x9.50r15 BFGs
Kept the 3 on the tree.

Plenty of little things to wrap up. To include chasing down a wiring issue. I keep blowing a fuse when touching brake pedal, using hazards, and turn signals. But I took it out for a ride today and it drove great.

Will

chuckyb

Contributor
Awesome! Congratulations it looks super! What size tires did you go with?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Smedley

Smedley

Loc.
Snohomish
The last couple of months of my 7 year my build have been the toughest. Several post in the Tech section about issues I had while I was trying to wrap things up. Most if not all self innflicted. Biggest being installing a 50oz flywheel and balancer on an engine that needed 28oz. Took a while to figure it out, and had to pull the trans to get it right, but it is done (or done enough to drive it for while). Had it out today, cruising on the highway up to 80 mph, so smooth. Around town just as smooth. Even popped the clutch and laid a nice patch of rubber. What a great feeling to get this far. I started this with little to no mechanical experience, brought down to the bare frame and started putting it back together one bolt at a time. I will drive for a while like this, but the interior still needs some work; sound deadner, carpet and headliner to start. I'll get some photos up soon. Really happy with the FiTech, PS and PB. Makes it more enjoyable to drive.

chuckyb

Contributor
That’s great! I am sure it feels good to drive it around and enjoy it!

seatownx

Those rotted tub pictures look a lot like the condition my sheet metal was in. My weak welding skills lead me to purchase a fiberglass tub.

right now I'm in the process of mocking it up and installing a new harness

Also working on a hydroboost setup

Sporto

This is a great build thread... I did similar work to mine between 2006-2009, and while it was thorough, it was not to this level. Reading this thread, is motivating me to tear my Bronco apart again, and do a frame off this time.

Thanks for sharing...

Rich