• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NC 1966 U13 Roadster "NOT MINE"

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Pretty sharp, should we pick it or let it be lol :) I'd like to know where they got their seat hinge covers.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Nice resto, but too purty for me to enjoy!

It does make me reconsider going back to my original Arcadian Blue though

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
His best friend must own a plating shop. Too nice to pick at, other than the speaker plate on the back of the dash of a radio delete vehicle, and that's not the dimension of a '66 speaker.
Personally, I think the color hurts it by 10%.

Specracer

All that effort, and that much chrome. Pretty cool with heat, and washer delete. Outside of the chrome, things that bug me? There is attention to detail, with the battery, cables and the rad hoses, but wrong hose clamps, and the biggie, plastic wire ties holding the fuel etc lines. Fixable but why not go all the way at that level.

Beautiful resto (even better w/o the chrome)

His best friend must own a plating shop

West Tn Dawg

BULLDOG
Loc.
Kenton
Just curious to learn............
What is the issue with the speaker grill?
Mine is a radio delete with the speaker grill and it "looks" to be just like this one. I know that mine is the factory dash.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Dawg I believe he's only referring to the plate n it's size

Attachments

• 1966-Ford-Bronco-Roadster-U13_368962_low_res.jpg
    1966-Ford-Bronco-Roadster-U13_368962_low_res.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 123

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This is a really nice U13 that was built by a CB member on here and the chrome touches were just added for a little bling,...for a little something different... but they can be changed to original if the new owner wants to get rid of the chrome. This is a quality restoration so don't try to beat it up too bad!...at least the body lines are straight and right... unlike a little red U13 that I remember....

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
C'mon Dennis this is what we do!!! :cry: I can't think of one Bronco on here that at least one person was critical of.
Personally, I appreciate the amount of work that went into this one. I like the chrome shifter lever and pedal cluster.

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Chris! ....we are all good.... I just wanted to stand up for this little roadster before it got shot down too much! The guy that restored this U13 has restored them before!...and he might not say anything...If it was a 'socks and sandals' type shop restore..(like the yellow '68 U13 that's on ebay right now), I would be hounding it with the best!!!! LOL

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I had forgotten that Gas Pig built this one too. Super nice rig.

Todd Z.

Specracer

This truck is beautiful, and extremely well done. The deviations from stock, are not to my taste, but does not detract from the overall quality of the effort. And hey, I didn't pick everything I noticed... I didn't mention it didn't have the right radiator... Whoops, now I did....

A fantastic truck!

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
It's a high quality resto, fo sho!! That's why I originally said he must have a connection at a plating shop!! I wish I did!!!

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ok... Ok gentleman... I've caught a little flack over my last U13. lol All the the little bits and pieces that are not 100% original I knew about and passed it for one reason or another.

The speaker cover plate is came off a 66 parts truck I had and it was definitely '66. I compared it to my #51's speaker assembly and both are C6TZ part numbers but had different mounting and hardware. Why I decided to use the speaker plate... without it the dash looked like it was really missing something! Being open top and such a light color, you could clearly see right through to the firewall... it just looked bad without it.

The radiator was the nicest origina FoMoCol radiator I ever owned. It's was perfect and at the time didn't have a '66 and didn't need a '67 I6 radiator so I used it. Looking back I wish I wouldn't have but oh well. The hose clamps the reproduction Wittek SUCK... SUCK... SUCK!!!!!! I hate them because they leak, strip, or break! There is nothing worst then getting a truck all put together and having some stupid coolant leak on your fresh motor. The larger Wittek hose clamps are a bit better then the smaller ones but I wasn't going to put up with it this time.

All the chrome... well there are two main reasons why I didn't. First being a "Delete" and mute color without some bling I was worried the truck wouldn't pop. Ok yes I'm mainly a purist but I still wanted it to be eye catching. I made sure everything I added could be easily swapped out back to original. About the hardest swap would be the cluster gage bezel. I offered to provide all the original pieces to be sold with the truck. The second reason I want with the chrome although it was a "delete" truck it originally had the bright package on it so I just tried to add some tasteful touches too. Looking back there are some things I wouldn't have added. With that said honesty she looks much better in person then pictures. Most of the chrome looks right and not so out of places if your not a bronco guru. ;) I was surprised that the Arcadian Blue looked much better then I thought so all the extra chrome really probably wasn't needed after all.

The floor mats yes '76 mats well the truck was mat delete but how do not put a mat down on a fresh paint job? I certainly wasn't going to do a cheap Autozone mat. lol

So, in short... my little deviation off original is short lived now back to my purist ways! ;D I do really appreciate the positive feedback because I put a lot of time, money, and effort into each build.

Specracer

Beautiful work. Thank you for sharing your insights on the choices you made. I should better filter my OCD, but I'm not good at that.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Ok... Ok gentleman... I've caught a little flack over my last U13. lol All the the little bits and pieces that are not 100% original I knew about and passed it for one reason or another.
QUOTE]

...you lost me at 'gentleman'