• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Duffy's 77 Build Thread- Restomod, daily, re-uncut

OP
OP
D

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I felt kind of rude, I wasn't even at the awards ceremony. I was drinking a beer at my brewery, I thought I heard my name over the loud speaker. Turns out I did, I had to walk like 6 blocks to get it.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
But where are all the pictures of the smiling kids?
We are missing out!

OP
OP
D

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Safety strap time! This will have to do for now. I was nervous driving it around without. This is just a Tom’s strap I looped and used my hydraulic press to secure.

Attachments

• 0CA6EED4-5E3E-474A-B4F3-D289CD523E16.jpeg
    0CA6EED4-5E3E-474A-B4F3-D289CD523E16.jpeg
    177.9 KB · Views: 80
  • BBD4AEA0-4E45-48E8-A11F-1506AEBD6B2C.jpeg
    BBD4AEA0-4E45-48E8-A11F-1506AEBD6B2C.jpeg
    172.7 KB · Views: 81

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I felt kind of rude, I wasn't even at the awards ceremony. I was drinking a beer at my brewery, I thought I heard my name over the loud speaker. Turns out I did, I had to walk like 6 blocks to get it.

haha, well maybe next time

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Well thank you, nothing on it is perfect, but I tried and for the most part I love to work on it and make and fix it.

yours and the way you like it and it works the way you want it to. Done and Done the rest don't matter

BruiserOutdoors

Am I crazy or did I see this Bronco getting loaded/unloaded from an enclosed trailer at a northwest bronco roundup event a few years ago??

tirewater

Contributor
Loc.
San Francisco Bay Area
Safety strap time! This will have to do for now. I was nervous driving it around without. This is just a Tom’s strap I looped and used my hydraulic press to secure.
I'll be "that guy" :)

Does lowering the tailgate interfere with the strap? The stock attachment was down on the passenger side frame rail. With it attached to the latch, I'd be worried lowering the tailgate would draw the carrier into the tailgate itself.

OP
OP
D

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'll be "that guy" :)

Does lowering the tailgate interfere with the strap? The stock attachment was down on the passenger side frame rail. With it attached to the latch, I'd be worried lowering the tailgate would draw the carrier into the tailgate itself.
Nope! Also it snaps in and out easily. I honestly don't take my tailgate down too often, since the hard top is off.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I work too much to go to any of those types of events, sadly.

find the one you like and make time brother.. Life is too short to work that much Trust me I'm bout same as you Work work work. OCBR Sept I MAKE happen every year

OP
OP
D

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
find the one you like and make time brother.. Life is too short to work that much Trust me I'm bout same as you Work work work. OCBR Sept I MAKE happen every year
My free time goes to all my hobby’s. Mountain biking, classic cars, surfing, skiing, fishing etc… If I have free time I like to travel warm spots to ocean surf.

OP
OP
D

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Someday when I retire, I can do bronco gatherings. Working on classics is sort of therapy for me. Gives me something to think about that isn't work. Also we have 2 seasons here that are cold and dark, so being in the garage is my happy place. My 240z and my Bronco are a main hobby of mine.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Out with the old, in with the new!
Seems like that unit is more fitting with the theme of your build. Do you have to change all the behind-the-scenes-stuff to go with that cluster or is it all the same?

Todd Z.