• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wanted: a way to ignore a thread

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Is there a way to ignore one thread?

So that it does not appear at all for me.

I don't want to put the member on my ignore list, and others have posted on the thread so neither of those will do.

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I can ban you from a thread. I don't remember if you can still see it or not though.

Send me a PM with a link to the thread and we can test it.

bronco loco

It never ends
Loc.
Long Island New York
I tried to use the ignore member list. But when I enter a member this is what I get. "Sorry --------is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her." Jon, can you fix this?

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I tried to use the ignore member list. But when I enter a member this is what I get. "Sorry --------is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her." Jon, can you fix this?

Bet"cha I can fill in that blank;)

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
So is it "a thread" or a "member" you are trying to avoid?

If its me, you can tell me, I can take it, lol.

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
OK. You can now ignore threads. Once you ignore them you won't be able to see them at all. It will be like they were never there (although you can un-ignore if you choose)

Go into the thread you want to ignore and at the top click "Thread Tools" and then "Ignore this thread". See screen shot below:

forum-ignore-thread1.gif

Then to un-ignore a thread click "User CP" at the top left. Then find "Ignored Threads". Click that to manage any threads you've ignored.

forum-ignore-thread2.gif

HB73

This is great. Thanks John.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Now I can block that pesky vote thread!

Be sure and vote before you ignore the thread!

Insert meme here of Jon quietly clicking away to ban Bronco Loco for the forum... :D

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Interesting that I was the last to post in this thread.

@admin , do we still have thread tools to ignore certain threads? I had at least one that was blocked and it's showing up again.

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Not out of the box. Let me see if there's an addon for it.