• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TN All sold!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
You Up for sale:

C4 transmission

I have a C4 ford 3 speed automatic with full manual reverse valve body. It is built for hardcore fun. its a C5 case with C4 internals and C5 pump. its the stronger Early bronco style pan fill C4 with an ORE stock replacement torque converter with caged fins(1200-1500 stall). all the thrust washers have been machined out and replaced with torrington bearings. including the 3 pinion planetary. the main shaft is 300M 26 spline. Ive had this in the bronco for 2 years and it has worked flawlessly. The internals were gone through and anywhere a thrust washer was used was sent out to a machine shop and replaced with a Torrington bearing. Thrust washers tend to fail quickly when you try to Push excessive amounts of power through them. Combine that upgrade with Better oiling and those failure points are gone. Also comes with a B&M deep sump pan and locking dipstick. C4 is complete with fresh torque converter, intermediate housing, complete crossmember with fresh bushings and hardware, Art Carr winters gate shifter and linkage/hardware. I even drained the Lucas trans fluid in a clean bucket so you can inspect it and throw it right back in if you wanna save $60 on fluid. Also need to note the art Carr shifter linkage brackets have to be modified to work in an Eb, also required mods to the crossmember. That is all done and it works flawlessly.

Myself and a handful of others have found that you can build a C4 to handle hard wheeling and lots of power. Over time and lots of trial and error these little automatics have been dialed in to not break. Your buying not only a well built C4 but that expertise too IMO.
asking $2,000

Last edited:

bax

Contributor
Old Member
How come I keep coming back to this add? Heck I need all of it. Or I should say want all of it, but only kinda need it.

joe

Bronco Guru
i might be interested in the motor and trans... maybe???

OP
OP
Monster Mike

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
The atlas and serpentine have quite a few buyers lined up. Only a few nibbles on the Motor and Trans. Once I get serious interest in them I will pull everything out. Please note if someone comes along that wants all of it of course they will get first dibs. If you need video of everything working I can take fresh video. But please only request the video if you have real interest and the money to purchase.

OP
OP
Monster Mike

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
The motor has been getting a lot of attention this week. Shouldn't have any issue getting it sold. Still looking for a serious buyer for the transmission. It's built to handle the worst abuse and has a ton of top shelf parts in it.

OP
OP
Monster Mike

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Motor is sold, thanks everyone for the interest. The C4 and atlas are still available.

ill look into how hard it is to swap out the valve body for a stock one and let you all know. If your looking for a small lightweight tranny that can handle 500+ horsepower look no further. its very well built. don't bother with a C6, this tranny has been built with the knowledge of guys who have been wheeling big hp motors with C4's for 20 years. no more trial and error when you buy this tranny. Im probably a fool to sell it considering i could put it in a future project but the money is more appealing at the moment.

OP
OP
Monster Mike

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Pretty sure the motor is sold. The guy buying it is a friend of a friend and I still owe him a good video of the motor running.

In the meantime I have a bulletproof trans and atlas t case still available.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
its not sold until its sold. Just putting a little pressure on the proposed buyer

OP
OP
Monster Mike

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
MOTOR SOLD!!

Well guys I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt and he was finally able to send me the money for the motor. Real good guy and I'm sure he'll be tickled to have all that power.

I'm pulling the motor out now and will have the other parts out, cleaned up and ready for a new home. If your in the market for a trans and tc that's seriously bullet proof and is by far the best offroad. Look no further. This C4/atlas combo will bolt right in to your bronco with a 289/302/5.0/351w and make you feel safe and confident while wheeling.

OP
OP
Monster Mike

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Got a serious nibble on the atlas...we'll see if it sells this week.

OP
OP
Monster Mike

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
bump TTT

C4 comes with Intermediate housing, artcarr/winters gate shifter, linkage, and modified crossmember. It had a 2 speed atlas mounted to it last. From all the research ive done and all the trial and error i have found a way to build a C4 that can truly handle a 500 hp/tq motor with deep gearing (60-1) and 40-42" tires.

install it and go play on the rocks with peace of mind for many years!

Status
Not open for further replies.