• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NJ Disc brake rear 76/77 with new calipers,rotors,bearings will trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

76broncoorange

I have a 76/77 factory Dana 44 disc brake rear. It has the track bar still on it. Has old rotors. It is complete minus one hub. Axles are good 3.50 gears. I have to go with it. Brand new rotors and hub assembly, bearings, one seal, calipers, rubber brake lines. I need to keep my drum brake 44 because of my rock chrusher steering setup.

$450 for everything

Or will trade for 78/79 f150 or Chevy disc brake conversion.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
He must be talking about a front end. Looks like he has steering for a 66 - 75 and it wont fit the different length of the 76/77 steering link. I would get a new tie rod and keep the axle. I do want a 77 axle housing however.

OP
OP

76broncoorange

Obviously it's a front REAR.... What else would you call it front axle.... It's the same thing rear or axle

Smart asses lol

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Well it sounds stupid when you say you have a front rear. Front Dif. rear Dif. works But in bronco land we all know what a 44 and a 9 mean.

OP
OP

76broncoorange

Where I'm from we just call em both rears... Front an back. But ya it's a 44 sooo we know which it is lol

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Where I'm from we just call em both rears... Front an back. But ya it's a 44 sooo we know which it is lol

So where are you from?

Is Orange a color reference, or a county reference?

Like in Alabama, California, Florida, New York.....

I ask because I am in Orange County Florida.

clarrance

Bronco Guru
I would rather have 44D's in the front than 9" in the rear.

That's why just to be safe I call them axles.

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
Grew up in NJ. I can recall my dad calling a front axle a front rear. He was an ASE cert. master tech and worked on these things when they were new. I think the front rear is a NJ thing, like going to the shore...

carhauler

Loc.
Harford Co. MD
Most of my friends call them rears also. Always have but we are all in the trucking business. But the drive axles on the tractors are referred to as front & rear rears. Maybe it just carried over to 4 wheelers... Or it's a mid Atlantic thing?

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I would rather have 44D's in the front than 9" in the rear.

That's why just to be safe I call them axles.

If you had 44d's in front, I bet you wouldn't mind 9'' in the rear.

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
I'm from south jersey must be a jersey thing
I'm from the west and that term, "front rear" would be confusing to me because I have never heard it used as a term for a front axle. But then again, my southern wife refers to any cold drink as a "Coke" - that takes awhile to get used to....."No dear, not a Coke, I want a Coke, you know, a Coke."

Status
Not open for further replies.