• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

FOMOCO crooks

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
our 2013 F150 has 85k miles and needed an oil change. I was busy so Katy took it to the Ford dealer quick lane. I told her to have them replace the brake pads while it was there. She leaves them my phone number for any questions.
So later they called me & started rattling off a big list of things they want to fix: new air filter, the transmission fluid “looks dirty” & needs replaced, needs new brake rotors, belts, etc.
I tell them the filter was replaced last visit & is fine. The trans fluid looking “dirty” is subjective, so I’ll look at it myself.
They tell me the rotors are ruined due to metal wear & grooving and heat cracking.
I tell them they are fine, I had looked at them myself and just want the pads replaced.
They tell me it’s not legal to replace the pads & not the rotors.
I call bullshit & tell them I’ll fix it myself, just change the oil.

So I changed the pads, which still have 1/4” or better wear material. And the rotors are pristine, no heat cracking or grooving anywhere and only slight rotor wear on the pad surfaces of the rotors, like 1/8” total wear per rotor. This is fraudulent and pisses me off. I’d expect it from an independent but not FOMOCO.
I’ve seen the same behavior from other dealerships in other towns and see a pattern here.
Rant over for now

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
That behavior is a direct result of the whole industry requiring up-selling of everything to make money. I agree that it sucks to get that from a dealership - I wouldn't put up with that either.

ransil

Bronco Guru
when my car had 40k on it they said I needed brakes, I pulled it apart they were good, i I I I finally changed them at 60K, still could have went a few more miles.
mine is getting an oil change today, waiting on 'the call" .

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Takes place in Tulsa, OK at a Ford dealer as well with a quick lane. My local Ford dealer, asks what I want done, and when do I need it back. Calls me when it's ready to pick up and all is good.

I inquired about a used 2001 7.3l F250 at the Tulsa dealer a couple of years ago, and told them I would be in town in the next couple of days and I would like to look at it. They said sure, call, before I come. Next afternoon I was in Tulsa, called that dealer about looking at the truck, and they said it was in the Quick Lane for a oil change and service?????? (yet it was advertised on the web for sale) And, that I needed to wait a couple hours before I look at it. I wasn't going to wait around two hours, I figured I could see what I needed to see while it was being serviced. I arrive, asked for the guy I talked to on the phone, he never came to the show room. Asked again, never came, then finally someone said he's with another customer. Another salesman took me over to the Quick Lane and it wasn't there, and it wasn't in the used area. We finally tracked it down in the shop area, hood up..........radiator, intercooler, water pump, batteries, intake, turbo, HPOP and valve covers off laying on the floor. SMH

ame

our 2013 F150 has 85k miles and needed an oil change. I was busy so Katy took it to the Ford dealer quick lane. I told her to have them replace the brake pads while it was there. She leaves them my phone number for any questions.
So later they called me & started rattling off a big list of things they want to fix: new air filter, the transmission fluid “looks dirty” & needs replaced, needs new brake rotors, belts, etc.
I tell them the filter was replaced last visit & is fine. The trans fluid looking “dirty” is subjective, so I’ll look at it myself.
They tell me the rotors are ruined due to metal wear & grooving and heat cracking.
I tell them they are fine, I had looked at them myself and just want the pads replaced.
They tell me it’s not legal to replace the pads & not the rotors.

So I changed the pads, which still have 1/4” or better wear material. And the rotors are pristine, no heat cracking or grooving anywhere and only slight rotor wear on the pad surfaces of the rotors, like 1/8” total wear per rotor. This is fraudulent and pisses me off. I’d expect it from an independent but not FOMOCO.
I’ve seen the same behavior from other dealerships in other towns and see a pattern here.
Rant over for now

Well the dealer is not in any way owned by FOMOCO so they kinda are an independent shop and I have seen more shady up sales from dealers then many smaller shops. Im sure the quick lane service center has monthly sales goals and can probably get away with more up sales to the average person because they have a giant blue oval over there building so they must be legit right???

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin

I call bullshit every time they walk out into the waiting area, carefully balancing a mixed pile of leaves/trash/lint/ratnest on top of a cabin filter to show the little old lady...last time it happened the lady called BS...it was awesome.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
The bigger issue comes later when you have a warranty problem on something that they said needed repair and you refused the service.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
sux that some of em got to be that way.. Sorry you had a bad experience..

Now to find the time to get the stuff done on your own right..

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Happens all the time, doesn't matter what dealership, Ford , GM, Nissan they are all crooks! Try dealing with a high end dealership like Landrover or BMW. They rape you for everything. I briefly had LandRover LR4 and the thing would eat tires the rear alignment had to be adjusted every 6 months it was a joke dealer told me it was normal for this kind of truck and we should expect to only get 15,000 mile out of a set of tires!! What a POS!

Seventee

Contributor
Loc.
In the sticks of MT
I have a buddy that was a service manager for a local GMC dealership. He finally had to quit his job because of all the pressure by management to up-sell unnecessary repairs.

What irritates me the most is that half the time they can't correctly diagnose and fix legitimate complaints, yet they have gotten good at convincing people to have their power steering fluid changed.

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
A few yrs back I went to a Ford dealership to look at a truck, found one that fit my needs, test drove it, went into the salesmans office to discuss the deal, he had a large window overlooking the front of the place, looked up and saw people getting into the truck, I said "hey hey hey what the hell are they doing driving my truck"? The salesman said "well you don't own it yet so they can drive the truck", I said to him, "shove that truck up yer fuuking ass". Never went back to a dealership since, and that was prolly 10yrs ago, I HATE them dealerships, they are nothing but crooks, thay suck. I do all maintenance myself, and if I need something seriously demanding I have my son (who is a Diesel Tech), and my best friend who is a master mechanic so I'm good.;)

ransil

Bronco Guru
when my car had 40k on it they said I needed brakes, I pulled it apart they were good, i I I I finally changed them at 60K, still could have went a few more miles.
mine is getting an oil change today, waiting on 'the call" .
The call just came in.
90k miles needs radiator flush , injectors cleaned and alignment.

Alignment was just done 5k ago.
I'll handle the flush if it's needed, get they didn't top off the coolant which has been low since new.

Sent the back to re-verify why the if the passengers door is opened and vehicle is in reverse, the dash icon always shows it's open, until the next start cycle. Recall was supposed to have been done.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Wyflyer

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
I forgot they also wanted to install a new battery since it wasn’t making full 725 cranking amps

Timmy390

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
SO many bad experiences......Ford and GMC

Last one was when I bought the 2014 Shelby. Was working the deal over the phone and emails (it was out of state) and after two days and being approved they tell me "it's sold". 3 days later it's on another dealer lot owned by the same people with 100 more miles on it for 5K more. I went ballistic. Ended up getting the car for the original price agreed on but it took some real doing. During paperwork signing I notice the "forgot/left out" the down payment I had wired them. Then no free tank of gas on used cars......So I looked at the guy and say REALLY.....REALLY......oh I got my tank of gas.

GMC bought a new 2500HD diesel.....I ask/say, You DID fill the DEF tank RIGHT? Oh yes sir it's full......1K later dash warning....DEF low.....Filled it my butt

Stealerships is the correct term....

Tim

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Tri-State Mack in Tupelo is got to be the worst at this kinda sruff. On an even larger scale and still can't fix stuff right. Mind blowing what they charge for things they don't do.

ransil

Bronco Guru
They called back, BCM is bad, pretty sure it just needs the latest flash, I have been complaining about this issue since 20k miles. Cost est $800 he suggested I live with it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ame

good ones are hard to find. Ive managed to find a good Ford, GMC and Dodge. The dodge dealer is why I"ve had 8 of them....

As someone who has worked for heavy equipment and Ag dealerships I feel the dealer and after sale product support is just as important as brand of vehicle or equipment.