• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Broncos in the Weeds

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I found this "Green Bronco" photo on another thread, and find nothing more exciting than a "new" bronco find. Unfortunately this is how we find most of them looking in Minnesota. I've just recently started to take pictures of all the Broncos I've passed standing tall in the weeds, or forever parked behind a shed. Feel free to post pictures of "Your" Bronco finds!

Attachments

• greenbronco_small.jpg
    greenbronco_small.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 8,861
  • junkbronco1.jpg
    junkbronco1.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 2,293
  • Pville.JPG
    Pville.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 1,549
  • jason's.JPG
    jason's.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,563
Last edited:

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
That green one in the weeds is a classic photo. Love it.

Here's one I helped a friend find a good home to a little while ago. It did have part of an old Stroppe roll bar. Neat.

Attachments

• bob.JPG
    bob.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 1,237

mtkawboy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Billings Mt
You gotta love those salted winter roads. They started doing it here about 5 years ago and my Bronco is showing it. I just came in from snowblowing the driveway @-24 wind chill and was watching a 12 car slide in at Denver on an icey hill on tv so you cant win either way

big daddy walt

Loc.
Barnegat
I got this one,less tires ,from a guy who had it sitting in the woods behind his house for 2 years with no top.(softop folded up under 8" of pine needles).His uncle let it sit on his lagoon front property for 10 before him.All in all not that bad.I had to drop the tank and remove the varnish.runs great! Especially for $600.

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 1,850

S/C-HD2002

Loc.
CO
Those pictures are really sad to see. What was the deal with the brown one? Did the frame rust through?? Magchloride is bad, but it doesn't eat stuff up like that.

mtkawboy said:
You gotta love those salted winter roads. They started doing it here about 5 years ago and my Bronco is showing it. I just came in from snowblowing the driveway @-24 wind chill and was watching a 12 car slide in at Denver on an icey hill on tv so you cant win either way

LOL I was watching that too. Did you see the lady that jumped out of her car before it hit? Then she almost got run over by another car coming down the hill. Not very smart!

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Yeah, crazy winter weather here too. 60 yesterday and gonna be like 9 tomorrow. Chicago is always nuts, but this is crazy!
I HATE SALT! I'm really tempted to start a petition in Cook County to use a salt alternative. There is this new corn alternative that is not only cheaper, but will not kill our vehicles in short time. Time to get motivated and hitting all the classic car joints in the area.

mtkawboy said:

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
a lot of places use sand now. salt is bad for the environment, it kills plants and is hard on the roads. not to mention what it does to your car. it costs a little more to use sand, but it's safer.

SACHEM

Back From the Dead

Attachments

• been_here_a_while_small.jpg
    been_here_a_while_small.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 1,354
Last edited:

agent_orange_71

Loc.
Bluefield, WV
Man, this thread is depressing :-[ I hate salt too. Especially when there is stuff that does the same job that wont rust out vehicles. The pic of the brown one kills me

OP
OP
Mono

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here's a 74 I found also in MN. It's got some goodies, a C4 and Power steering, and look, the dash pad isn't even cracked. The Guy still wants $500 for it. I'm still thinkin-!

Attachments

• 74_3.JPG
    74_3.JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 1,052
  • 74_4.JPG
    74_4.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 927
  • 74_2.JPG
    74_2.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 1,101
  • 74_1.JPG
    74_1.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 995
OP
OP
Mono

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have many more> I'm a nut!

Here's a one a friend spotted in a farmers field. I didn't even ask if it was for sale!

Attachments

• Black_1.JPG
    Black_1.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 1,121
  • Black_2.JPG
    Black_2.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 1,047
  • Black_3.JPG
    Black_3.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 986
  • Black_4.JPG
    Black_4.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 900
OP
OP
Mono

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I found this one on a trip through Montana in 2004. The widowed owners' grandson pulled it out of the garage to do work on his own car, and never put it back in. I asked If I could buy it, and I was put on a list! She had started a list of people that wanted to buy it. I was #5! Damn you #'s 1,2,3,4!.

Look at the snorkle tail pipe in picture1. She said it was for when they hauled logs out of the mountains, the tail and lift gate could be open without the fumes. Odd but unique!

Attachments

• MO_2red.JPG
    MO_2red.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 829
  • MO_1red.JPG
    MO_1red.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 1,161
Last edited:
OP
OP
Mono

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Also in the same Montana yard!> What a find! This would be a great Donor for my Minnesota Mess of a Bronc-. She gave my wife and I about an hour of old Bronco stories.

Attachments

• MO_1green.JPG
    MO_1green.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 1,035
  • MO_2green.JPG
    MO_2green.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 721
OP
OP
Mono

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
S/C-HD2002 said:
Those pictures are really sad to see. What was the deal with the brown one? Did the frame rust through?? Magchloride is bad, but it doesn't eat stuff up like that.

There is a realy good story here! You must pay attention though, I got bashed on another site from someone who misunderstood me.

On yet another Bronco hunt>

I was sent some pictures of a 75 for sale(Posted Below). The guy said it ran and drove, although it has been sitting forever. I talked my dad into driving his rig and his trailer up north 3 hours to pickup my new find. When we drove down the guys' driveway, and turned the corner....We saw the folded one! It was the same color, same uncut fenders....Same Same Same! My dad just about backhanded me one accross the head, when we saw the Other Bronco parked behind a fence. I later tryed selling the 75 when someone blasted me (on another site)and said I glued the folded Bronc back together and was tying to sell it. Yeah!

To neighbors together owned 4 Broncos> Two glass, and the two Brown one's pictured. Belive it or not the folded Brown Bronco was being saved for his fiberglass broncos' frame replacement. The body had just fell around the frame. He said it's GOOD!

Attachments

• junkbronco1.jpg
    junkbronco1.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 593
  • Plow Front3.JPG
    Plow Front3.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 462
  • Int-Frnt3.JPG
    Int-Frnt3.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 550
  • P-Side3.JPG
    P-Side3.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 464
  • D-Side3.JPG
    D-Side3.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 524
OP
OP
Mono

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This one is sitting at a local MN Garage. Only started up to push vehicles into the garage. Not for sale.

Attachments

• Half_6.JPG
    Half_6.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 236
  • Half_5.JPG
    Half_5.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 272
  • Half_4.JPG
    Half_4.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 249
  • Half_3.JPG
    Half_3.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 246
  • Half_2.JPG
    Half_2.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 294
  • Half_1.JPG
    Half_1.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 369

cbfomoco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WV
i found one close to christmas ( can not say where ) but any way found the guy go to talkin it was a 74 with 36000 miles uncut 302 and looked to be good. parked it because someone stole the alt and dist parts years ago off of it. but i am still tryin.

OP
OP
Mono

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I recently got a leed on a(What I belive to be)a 66 roadster that has made it's final resting spot far from the CA coast, up here in MN.
Somebody spotted a Bronco behind a repair shop, but told me it wasn't worth looking at> What bronco isn't worth taking a little peek.
It was Red, Soft top and doors, squared off bumpers, Gray dash, fender mounted mirror. 66roadster/or a wana-be Hmmmmmm?
Before I could snap a few pics of the rotten carcus, the owner told me it wasn't for sale, and he's going to fix-it-up someday. Yeah right!
Stay tuned......... I plan to take a closer look, and snap some pics(tonight).

Isn't everything for sale for the right price!

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Found this appropriate bumper sticker on another old Ford at the boneyard this summer. ;D PG-13.

Attachments

• IMG_2352.JPG
    IMG_2352.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 878

Broncoman

Bronco Guru
Below is my 70 bronco. The guy that had it before me rescued it from a guy that had it sitting on blocks with the doors laying in the back. It sat because it had some electrical problems so it wouldn't start. The owner before me hooked the coil up to the battery and he got it going. He couldn't afford to work on it so he offered to sell it to me when he was working at my neighbors house.

Attachments

• 401.jpg
    401.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 349