• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Thinking about going to Moab Bronco Safari

anythingford

Loc.
Dacusville, SC
My bronco now has a few wire bundles hanging over the fenders. Making progress on the rewire before moab. Im trying to talk the wife into driving the tow rig. . . i can ride on the trailer and get 3 extra days of work on the bronco.;D

OP
OP
stout22

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
My bronco now has a few wire bundles hanging over the fenders. Making progress on the rewire before moab. Im trying to talk the wife into driving the tow rig. . . i can ride on the trailer and get 3 extra days of work on the bronco.;D

I can't believe she didn't jump on that idea.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
What are the must do trails in Moab without getting too extreme?

A few hundred different ones:p

The classic must do’s are
Hells revenge
Poison spider
Moab Rim (little harder but well within your capabilities)

None of the trails are like what your used to. For instance, one of my top favs is Pritchett Canyon, rated as one most difficult trails in the area, if not most difficult. For you a very pleasurable and beautiful trail to run IF your willing to pull up as far as you can easily go in 2, maybe 3 spots and pull cable, winch up and be on your way undamaged and having fun. It’s a beautiful place and the pleasure of being there is more than enough.

Those of you going for the 1st time think of an image, obstical or trail that you want to see. I will do my very best to get you there. The 1st time I went I wanted to see the golden crack and the folks I was with made it happen, and I like to pass that favor on;D

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What are the must do trails in Moab without getting too extreme?

Just don’t follow my line unless you want body damage! Lol

I spent today googling the same exact thing. I want to find the balance between scenery and work the bronco. I don’t want to come home and regret not trying a certain obstacle, but also don’t want to beat the heck out of it for a solid week. My list had Mickeys hot tub and the golden crack for sure.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO

The classic must do’s are
Hells revenge
Poison spider
Moab Rim (little harder but well within your capabilities)

I'll add:

Fins and Things - relatively easy but very fun trail, a good introduction to Moab "slick rock"
Metal Masher - a more challenging and fun trial
Top of the World - incredible view at the top with a classic poser pic at the edge

A good 1 day trail combo is Fins and Things in the morning and Hell's Revenge in the afternoon. You've got to do Hell's Gate!!

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Just don’t follow my line unless you want body damage! Lol

I spent today googling the same exact thing. I want to find the balance between scenery and work the bronco. I don’t want to come home and regret not trying a certain obstacle, but also don’t want to beat the heck out of it for a solid week. My list had Mickeys hot tub and the golden crack for sure.

We’ll be sure to get you to the crack. Via rusty nail it’s just around the corner from No Left Turn:eek:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

Those of you going for the 1st time think of an image, obstical or trail that you want to see. I will do my very best to get you there. The 1st time I went I wanted to see the golden crack and the folks I was with made it happen, and I like to pass that favor on;D

lol, oh really... It seems in video/pics to not be "too" bad

Guess you got to have the right set up as well right :)

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Nice!

Me too!

Well sort of..... just made a weekend Easter trip. Took the bronco to do some running around. Just need to go through spares, tools, supplies and pack wheel bearings on the trailer, it has enough miles doing that will keep my ocd happy.

Attachments

• C66A7F52-311C-44E1-9A84-A787E134B5B1.jpg
    C66A7F52-311C-44E1-9A84-A787E134B5B1.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 38
OP
OP
stout22

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
I still need to give the trailer some attention.
Thanks bamabaja. I hope your working hard on yours so you can make it to OCBR this year.

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I know it's too early to even look, but the forecast is looking good! Knock on wood :)

OP
OP
stout22

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
I know it's too early to even look, but the forecast is looking good! Knock on wood :)

Now you've gone and done it! Shouldn't have posted the forecast. Guess I better look into a snorkel and winter clothing;D

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Nice!

Me too!

Well sort of..... just made a weekend Easter trip. Took the bronco to do some running around. Just need to go through spares, tools, supplies and pack wheel bearings on the trailer, it has enough miles doing that will keep my ocd happy.

How she pull w/the shorter trailer sir? 14' looks like?