• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

66 U13 Roadster - New 2 Me

gritz

Everything looks the same as my 66 except the master cylinder cover. On my bronco it just looks like a jar lid, no writing. Not saying its right just saying. I do have the same fan spacer. Gritz

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
yeah that thermostat housing does not look good at all. When you take it off I would run a fire hose through those coolant passages

OP
OP
coachbarnes

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
Thanks for the help, fellas -- Check this out --

I bought a new heater box (won't say from who) and this is what I was sent. Check out that marbling... They are sending me a new one, but good grief. Then I looked at the new Temperature Control cable -- the new one says "Temp", whereas the old one says "Temperature". My '74 is the same (Temperature). When I asked them about this, they were really confused as to why this was a big deal. I'm sending it back in hopes of finding one that says "Temperature" -- not trying to be a jerk, but come on... The accelerator cable they sent doesn't fit either and the temp control valve is plastic!! All going back! Not a very productive morning!

One more question -- Where can I find the mounting hardware to attach the spare tire to the bulkhead? My searches are coming up empty.

Thanks again for the help! I've been a Bronco owner since I was 15 (1976) and I had NO idea how weird these '66's were!! HAHA...

Attachments

• IMG_8557.jpg
    IMG_8557.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_8558.jpg
    IMG_8558.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_8559.jpg
    IMG_8559.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_8560.jpg
    IMG_8560.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 63

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
The composite heater control valve will never rust.
Flows a little better too, but it does not look stock, so if that's what you were going for then yea...,it won't look right.

That heater box looks pretty cool but also "not the stock look at all", haha.

I have also been an EB owner since I was a teen (13), 1983.

OP
OP
coachbarnes

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
The composite heater control valve will never rust.
Flows a little better too, but it does not look stock, so if that's what you were going for then yea...,it won't look right.

That heater box looks pretty cool but also "not the stock look at all", haha.

I have also been an EB owner since I was a teen (13), 1983.

Yeah, the more I'm thinking about the control valve, the more I think it might not be a bad option. I have to decide how anal I'm going to be about the stock"ness" of this vehicle. Seriously, that heater box looks like crap in person. So weird.

When I got my first one, I had no idea what a sickness it would become and how much money it would cost me in my lifetime!! ;D;D

OP
OP
coachbarnes

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
These just came in. Very cool and useful.
046b8f8f7061d3db571ad77e1335b383.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Delconick may have the bulkhead mount pieces. I sold my spare set a few weeks ago.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks like a bunny rabbit fell into the plastic batch to make the heater boxes.

I've had 3 plastic heater valves leak on me, 2 on customer trucks and one on my own. No more for me. I have a metal one I've been using - PM me if you want info.

Scott C.

Loc.
Waynetown IN
I think JBG sell's both of the valves. They send you the cheaper one, unless you specify that you want the original type.

OP
OP
coachbarnes

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
A little progress -- new silver visors and got the thermostat housing and water pump off. Waiting on a few parts and will put it back together and start driving it!

Attachments

• Silver Visors.jpg
    Silver Visors.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 69
  • front engine .jpg
    front engine .jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 82

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Bias? Ugh...... Let me know what it takes to balance those suckers!

OP
OP
coachbarnes

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
Bias? Ugh...... Let me know what it takes to balance those suckers!

Dude -- I won't be on I35 doing 70 mph! these tires are cool! lol.. mburlew suggested I get the weights put on the inside so they don't look so crappy. I'll let you know.

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
I ended up having to get the balancing beads in my tires. They couldn't balance them on the inside of the wheel good enough. I like the tires!
3d1d8e2e01c19511f734192d70bb5d73.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Specracer

will be a huge improvement to the look of the truck! I had a radial made, ground off the street tread, recapped with an off road tread. These trucks are not speed demons. 45 is an event.