• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New product announcement!

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
I do not have the price figured yet but a rough guess would be around $1,600.

At first blush, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF.

But when a nice top will run you $500-1000 second hand now, plus work and paint and new metal top (from TBP) is $2500... Maybe $1600 is not that crazy.

Especially for me in FL, I love to be able to take the top off, but it's difficult (especially if you have a full cage).

I'm very interested in where this goes forward.

chriskent85

this will also be able to come off and store easier too (IMO). take very top off in one piece and then unbolt the side panels.

wepuckett

This sounds like a good option, one question, will there be a sunroof option, as that would make it totally stand out on its own separate from everything else. Add a couple clips to keep the very top on and remove the sides during the summer.

OP
OP
B

BroncoDesignTN

Sponsor/Vendor
We haven't weighed it yet, as I am waiting until we have the glass mounted to we will have a true comparison to the metal top.

I hadn't thought about a sunroof option. I like your thoughts though!

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have an idea, Corey. Build some removable side panels that leave the rear corners in place to make a safari/bikini type top! LOL! ;D

OP
OP
B

BroncoDesignTN

Sponsor/Vendor
We do not pre-drill any holes for the windshield frame for this reason. There is steel inside the fiberglass which is designed to be drilled and tapped, just like our half cab is.