• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Any Ford Windsor swaps for a late model TJ

SavageBurro

Just saying:
In the beginning I was not interested is a 4.0 storker, but yes there are several companies, two of which have been identified that sell the parts for a DIY stroker. I know that Curt Leduk used a $crate motor$ from ATK and he told me it put out around 300Hp. I strongly suspect that any stroker setup would be way to costly compared to a used V8 conversion And I don't want to take the time out of my life to make it happen.
Anyway my highly modified EB has a Mustang/AOD, (but I wish it was a Explorer with the stock Explorer drive train). I am a Ford guy and was using this forum because you are all Ford guys. Appreciate all the comments.
Of Course most all my off road buddies are Jeep guys and they are overwhelming in favor of LS and drive train conversions. They keep all the bow tie stuff stock and the install is DIY with help and parts from Novak. BTW, Not a single one of these Jeep guys have ever considered a stroker. The TJ LS conversion requires an electric fan for cooling. Not something I would be happy with?

Well crap, Chevy is probably the way to go. Never thot I would go over to the dark side.

PaulW

I'd be more than willing to share my stroker parts list. I sourced everything myself and had local builder do the machine work. I think I had 2700 into it total. I didn't want to have to run premium so I used higher dollar forged pistons w lower height to keep compression down . Ran great on regular 87 octane gas. Only thing I would have done different would have been to run a slightly better cam. I left a lot of power on the table by running a close-to-stock cam. I know a few jeep guys w stroker 4.6 and 4.7. They're all extremely happy. Doesn't have hp of a built LS but it'll roast all four tires, have more than enough power to pull dunes, etc.