• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Gauge cluster refurbishing

OP
OP
fallingdown

fallingdown

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
17453703822_7ef3a7fb88_b.jpg

Mattco

Loc.
Dothan, AL
If I go ahead and get my cluster refurbished as a late birthday gift, would it do well sitting around for a year or year and a half with no use? This may be a dumb question but I wasn't sure with it sitting around and having no movement.

OP
OP
fallingdown

fallingdown

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
If I go ahead and get my cluster refurbished as a late birthday gift, would it do well sitting around for a year or year and a half with no use? This may be a dumb question but I wasn't sure with it sitting around and having no movement.

It wont hurt the gauge cluster in any way. Just keep it in a safe, clean place.

Mattco

Loc.
Dothan, AL
I was going to put it either in my office or house and just keep it in a box until I need it. I just hate to get some steam going and then have to send it off to get done and have to wait on it

OP
OP
fallingdown

fallingdown

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I was going to put it either in my office or house and just keep it in a box until I need it. I just hate to get some steam going and then have to send it off to get done and have to wait on it

I have NOS (New Old Stock) gauges that have been sitting on a shelf for the last 40+ years and they are in jut as good of condition as the day the were manufactured.

Mattco

Loc.
Dothan, AL
Stayed with the altimeter on that one? The white backing with the bronco script and voltmeter is really nice looking and the route I want to go. Really leaning towards buying a can of por15 stainless detail paint for my dash, I think it would go nice with the chrome gauges.