• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Talked in to it

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
attachment.php

NO EXPERT ...

but judging by the pic ....

A, that's a very small tub of grease ... or
B, per the finger size in the grease you hired some midgets or kids to mend the hubs ? :p
Grease by the gallon...because you never know when your female friends will show up.

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Argh. Never fails. Hoped to have the project buttoned up and out of the shop by close of business Friday and....the test fit of the rear springs to the dif has the driveshaft angle way out. Driveshaft at 18.5 and pinion at 9.5. Ordered the required 8-dgree shims..probably won't see them until Monday.:mad:

bax

Contributor
Old Member
You could always cut and re position the spring perches.

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
And don’t forget the trail fix on your truck using cut leaf springs for wedges. 🤦*♂️🤪

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You could always cut and re position the spring perches.

Of course..or install new ones and I have a set from Ruff sitting here. Didn’t plan on getting in to that much for a 2 1/2 lift..:p

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Of course..or install new ones and I have a set from Ruff sitting here. Didn’t plan on getting in to that much for a 2 1/2 lift..:p

So is that bad planing? That was wrong of me, I'm sorry. I understand at our age working a little harder is not on our scope of work. Pass the beer.

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Done. What a sweet driver...except for the 3-speed, 4.10 gears and little tires. The 200 is right snappy with those gears though... But rolls smooth as glass, handles great, stops on a dime. Customer delivered it to us with parts for Wild Horses 2.5" suspension upgrade, Wilwood power brake kit, "deluxe" Chevy disk upgrade..and it all went together beautifully. Kudos to Jim's products there. The 8-degree axle wedges put the rear driveshaft angle spot on the money. I guess I need to just keep 8 and 10 degree wedges in stock..every dang kit I install needs them.

Attachments

• IMG_1192.jpg
    IMG_1192.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1193.jpg
    IMG_1193.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1195.jpg
    IMG_1195.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
good deal, are you ready for another. purdy sure I can find a basket case for ya:cool:

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
good deal, are you ready for another. purdy sure I can find a basket case for ya:cool:

Yep. Decided to stop turning away all those that ask and pick and choose a few to go through the shop. When the international marine products are rocking..we'll take fewer local boat and the EB projects...

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I like the stance it has. Just needs a wee bit taller rubber:cool:

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The owner was pleased...like a kid in the candy store.