• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cost to Ship the Bronco from Oregon to Mississippi (still looking)

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Moving and really don't want to drive a U-Haul pulling the Bronco again.

1. What does having it ship/haul that far (roughly)?

2. Who would you suggest as a car hauler for the bronco chassis and another car?

Thanks! - jim

Last edited:

West Tn Dawg

BULLDOG
Loc.
Kenton
Moving and really don't want to drive a U-Haul pulling the Bronco again.

1. What does having it ship/haul that far (roughly)?

2. Who would you suggest as a car hauler?

Thanks! - jim

Check with Iwannagofast on this site. He is in Oregon and ships a lot of classics. He has a guy that he uses. He picked up my 66 from TN and hauled it back to Oregon for him.

gavindg

Loc.
Westlake Village
Go to montway or uship sites and that will give you a rough estimate on what it will cost.
I had a post on this i will find and send you as well.

lgdpt

Uship... I have used them for 2 boats and a fifth wheel. All good experiences.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
fishinman out of Oregon had problems shipping from MO to Or, hopefully you have better luck getting it to MS

rydog1130

Bronco Guru
Uship and name your price...a good estimate is about 2-3$ per mile ...good luck. I've used them a few times with good luck!

Remos69

Contributor
Loc.
SW Florida
Price is very dependant on if you want it covered or not. July 2017 is shipped my Bronco, not running and uncovered from northern Virginia to SW Florida for $625 through ecarmovers.com. Same shipping covered was $1300 (cheapest) . Distance was about 850 miles and included a $100 up charge for SUV and $50 for not running but movable.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I used Plymouth Auto Transport in May of 2017 from El Paso, TX to SE coast of FL. 1,850 miles open transport for $850 - they arrived 3 days ahead of schedule and were great to work with.

Attachments

• EC6BC9E9-B8A4-4087-B66E-AFD82A917C95.jpg
    EC6BC9E9-B8A4-4087-B66E-AFD82A917C95.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 32
OP
OP
ObscureMachine

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Thanks everyone! I think I'm going to do what I did before, and haul it behind the uhaul or whatever truck I get. Ironic, since I've had the bronco (2006) I've only driven it 2000 miles. But it will have 6,000 miles riding on a trailer!

OP
OP
ObscureMachine

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Still looking for someone to haul both the bronco chassis and now our other car from Oregon to Mississippi. I did the internet thing, where they put your info on a bulletin board, but then I got tons of calls with sketchy sounding people.

I also messaged I wannagofast, but haven't heard back. Does anyone have anymore suggestions?

Thanks! - Jim

Bronco4x4

Try Nationwide. Uship offers were high and I kept declining. Be patient and keep your price. They will take anything if they have one last slot to fill on a trailer. Ask them to work with you.

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
Few years ago I needed a K10 hauled from AZ to Georgia and all the places we contacted seemed super sketchy

All wanted a credit card deposit up front before they would even tell you when they could pick it up
Then they all demanded that the driver be paid in cash at delivery

But even days later they would never tell me when the pickup of delivery was going to happen

And most seemed to be Russians or some Eastern European who could barely speak English

We eventually found someone on pirate to haul it for us

I have no idea why the car hauler biz is like this

If you need normal freight transported
None of the trucking companies are super sketchy

They all will tell you exactly when the pick and delivery will happen and don’t demand you pay the driver in cash

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Good call. Would be cool to meet up with a couple of bretheren