• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What are these captured nuts for?

Capt.junk&crap

Loc.
Bristol
First post here, with plenty to come I'm sure. I am replacing the floors in my Bronco and there are some captured nuts in the channel underneath the drivers side floor board. There are four of them, towards the door. What are they for? My junk has been so hacked on that they clearly were not in use.

Also, how do you post a picture? Duh!

DJs74

Bronco Guru
First post here, with plenty to come I'm sure. I am replacing the floors in my Bronco and there are some captured nuts in the channel underneath the drivers side floor board. There are four of them, towards the door. What are they for? My junk has been so hacked on that they clearly were not in use.

Also, how do you post a picture? Duh!

Welcome aboard Capt!

Pictures would be good so we could see the size of the nut and location.

To post pictures, you have to pay a very small fee and become a paying subscriber. I think it was like $8 or something and then you can post the photos.

DJs74

76 bronco J

Bronco Guru
>>> I think they are for mounting the auxiliary fuel tank..... edit>> http://shop.broncograveyard.com/196...xiliary-Tank-Strap-Bracket/productinfo/10227/
6677auxtnkbrkt.jpg

Last edited:

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Are there two small channels with two captured nuts in each channel?

OP
OP
C

Capt.junk&crap

Loc.
Bristol
Here you go. $12 is stupid cheap for the advice dispensed here!

Attachments

• 1505863190325340375312.jpg
    1505863190325340375312.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 133