• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

OREGON - "Amish Barn Raising" aka Group Welding Gathering???

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Anyone interested?

I don't know how to weld.
It started with rust in the passenger floor pans, then parts of the upper seat platform, then the wheel house extensions. The tunnel and passenger side floor pans are good. I'm having it blasted Friday 9/22 and then I'll find out how bad it is. My "floor pan" guy does not have the time to do all this sheetmetal.

I was wondering if anyone in or near Salem would be interested in a (or series) of cutting and welding parties? I've got no welder or welding gear, but was thinking of picking up a n inexpensive one (gas mig). I'm trying to do this fast so I can get my roll cage in and a new soft top before rainy season really kicks in.

BUT I'M DOING A NICE REBUILDING, NOT A ROUGH TRAIL RIG TO BEAT UP. So i want the welds to be done well.

Anyone interested? Got dates or locations?

Or, just point me to a good bronco floor welding guy in the salem area who could get on it pretty fast.

See you soon! (?)

Jim

Check the pictures to see what I have and what I think will need to be done.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 69
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 67
  • overview1.jpg
    overview1.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 69

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've got the tools, but not the time...my EB has nice little windows through the floor as well that need to be swapped out at some point.

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
When I was a welder I had a saying..."you want it done fast or want it done right?"